PDA

View Full Version : Help with letter to parents.

Jelly Baby
20-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok as some of you know i mind 2 boys..i take them and then collect from school and take them home 5 days per week. I get good money for what i do (amounts to 1 hrs work per week) but tbh not sure its worth that at the mo.

I have had issues with them for a long time and now i am taking the twins on i have said me and dh will try our best to keep them on. New day today and start back at school and i am really fed up (not had the greatest of days but tbh dont think that matters).
They argued all the way there this morning and niggled with the other mindee.
The youngest came out tonight, threw his bag at me and ran off..with other mindees with me i had to keep shouting him over and he just answered back.
When he eventually stayed with me we stood there for what seemed like an age and the last child out of the school was his brother (not a new thing)..
Got to the gates and the lady said 'oh xxx wheres your bag', he had left his swimming bag in the classroom so had to go back and get it..by the time we left we were the only car in the village which annoyed me as takes a while to get back due to traffic.

Youngest one moaned all the way back and ive had enough already tbh SO!

Writing to mum and dad tonight but do i just explain the above and leave the twins out of it or tell them i am trying to accomodate them to make life easier and help etc (i am the only CM to be able to do it).
Thanks

Jelly Baby
20-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone please? would like to get this out tomorrow.
Thanks

beccas
20-04-2010, 07:11 PM
you dont have to give a reason if you are terminating contract just say for personal reasons and that you are sorry but are unable to continue doing the school run for her, and that you are giving her xx weeks notice.

funemnx
20-04-2010, 07:16 PM
you dont have to give a reason if you are terminating contract just say for personal reasons and that you are sorry but are unable to continue doing the school run for her, and that you are giving her xx weeks notice.

I agree, no need to explain, just that you can't x

Jelly Baby
20-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi thanks.

It isn't for a termination it's just to explain whats been going on and that im fed up..but not in those words! if they just did as they were told it would be a very easy job!

beccas
20-04-2010, 07:44 PM
put that due to bahaioural issues you are finding it a struggle and always being the last out of school etc and then you get stuck in traffic which make syou run late for other collections from parents. and i would also put that if these issuses continue you will have no option to terminate as they are putting the other mindees at risk by not listening to you.

i had this with some of my older mindees and i jst explained to the child that i am waiting outside sometimes when its cold while they are in the warm chatting to their friends or what ever they are doing so if they could be as fast as they can it would help me alot.

suzyblue
21-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you have to write a letter?
Couldnt you talk to the parents?
To be honest the children are in your care and they should be old enough to take on board your instructions. If they forget something, say you dont have time to go back for it. Meet them at their class to hurry them along, make sure you have told them that they need to hurry or tell the teacher you need them to be out quickly. Sounds like your getting stressed about it even before they have done it, which makes the situation worse.
Good luck.

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi thanks guys.

Kindergarten this has been going on for ages. I have rung mum and dad and been in to see dad when i have dropped home numerous times and nothing..if anything they are getting worse.
I don't feel i am expecting it to happen as he comes out late so none of my thinking 'please come out quickly' will hurry him up will it?! neither explaining why works.
I have spoke to the teacher too and again nothing is resolved.
I feel a letter is required due to never being able to get hold of mum and obviously speaking to dad is having no effect at all.

Thanks for the replys.

The Juggler
21-04-2010, 01:14 PM
If the parents aren't listening there's probably no point busting a gut over a letter explaining. I'd do a bog standard termination letter 'due to personal circumstances' etc...as someone else suggested. Then, if they want to know why tell them but otherwise, I wouldn't worry.

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Sods law today they were good as gold there and back..think they know i have that letter waiting!

It is a very hard decision to make tbh and once ive done it thats it so have to be sure. Think once the twins start and we know how they are going to be things will pan out one way or the other anyway.
Thanks for the reply x