PDA

View Full Version : Max no of children covered by insurance

twiggy
20-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm insured by Morton Michel and they have a limit on their policy of 10 minded children. I'm just wondering if anyone has every got them to increase their limit as I need a maximum of 12 when working with an assistant.

A couple of the children I mind are collected from the playground but I don't want to risk not being covered if mum was ever delayed in collecting them from me.

Thanks

Amaranth
20-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I have shopped around all over and Morton Michel had the highest limit. I think it used to be 12 but they lowered it to 10. I even got a friend of mine who works in insurance, to see what he could do but he could not get better than I already had. We are very limited for home insurance when it comes to needing cover for more than a few kids :rolleyes:

RedDragon
20-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I have just had a look at Morton Michel and it says:

How many children am I covered for?
You will be covered for a maximum of 10 children
when working alone, or 15 when working with
another registered childminder.
The number of children minded under 8 years of
age must be in accordance with your registered
numbers (under 12 years of age if in Scotland).

Mrs.L.C
20-04-2010, 12:50 PM
we applyed to them (MM) in writing to see if we could extend the limit to 12 for after school whilst working with my husband and they agreed to it in writingso yes you can get insurance to cover you for ove 10 children but you have to apply in writing.

Also be aware that most buildings and contents insurance companies only cover you if you mind less than 6 children so you have to mention you will have more whilst shopping around. I found Sterling (through MM) cover for over 10 children but you cant have accidental damage cover included

RedDragon
20-04-2010, 01:03 PM
we applyed to them (MM) in writing to see if we could extend the limit to 12 for after school whilst working with my husband and they agreed to it in writingso yes you can get insurance to cover you for ove 10 children but you have to apply in writing.

Also be aware that most buildings and contents insurance companies only cover you if you mind less than 6 children so you have to mention you will have more whilst shopping around. I found Sterling (through MM) cover for over 10 children but you cant have accidental damage cover included

House insurance - ah, now that's something to remember - thanks.

twiggy
24-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Thank you for your replies, after emailing them Morton Michel have issued me an endorsement allowing me a maximum of 12. I'm not sure what my home insurers cover me to have but they are aware of my occupation and that I work from home.