PDA

View Full Version : Very destructive 13 month old...

igglepiggle
20-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have an useful, positive ideas for a 13 month old with no desire to take part in anything? He is not, or does not seem, interested in stories, songs, building, mark making, or anything other than destroying the area around him and clambouring over other ch in the process. It seems to go past exploration and investigation and, without sounding dramatic, is damaging my house and all our toys :-(

Mookins
20-04-2010, 08:34 AM
A PLAYPEN;)
sorry all serious now i hope someone can help you

x xx

ziggy
20-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I have a mindee aged 17 months and since he was about a year old he became very destructive. He spends most evenings and weekends with older cousins and is just very boisterous (sp)

I have found that by taking him out of the playroom and putting him in playpen for a few minutes calms him down and he seems to understand why he has been 'removed'. He is an angel when he's here alone but manic with others!!!

sarah707
20-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Sometimes all you can be is a broken record until the child starts to understand the boundaries.

Please don't climb on there... and take him down; please don't push that... and move him away etc.

Good luck! :D