PDA

View Full Version : No flight at the moment measn delays for variations requests????

Shirlwith3
19-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I just phoned Ofsted to see if there was any news on my variation request that I sent 1st April, I had phoned this morning but the gentlmans said he would look into it for me & get back, well he has not swhich is why I phoned again, this is what the thie bloke sadi to me he could not email the variation department as they would already have my details of my earlier call & that there is a backlog for one sreason or another plus becasue of the no flights over the britian, what heck has that to do with my request.
I have already told them I need an answer by end of the week.

Avon
19-04-2010, 03:22 PM
A lot of mail goes by plane, a friend of mines hubby is a mail pilot, transfering letters and parcels from one area of the country to another.

A lot still goes by train tho, so you may still get it fairly soon.

merry
19-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I applied for mine on 25th March and had the certificate on 9th April. It was to start on 12th and when I rang on the morning of 9th and it hadn't yet arrived, they emailed a copy of certificate to me to print out and display in case it hadn't turned up by 12th. I was also told there was a backlog and they were very busy, I took to ringing every day to see if they'd decided yet, and each time stating how near the deadline time it was getting and stressing how difficult it was going to be for parent to find someone else at such very short notice. Some people you speak to are more helpful than others, one told me they couldn't email the certificate because they 'don't do that'. another one said yes that's fine will do it straight away.

:)

green puppy
19-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I also sent my request on 1st april, I keep phoning but they have a month long back log and said it could still be with them for 2 more weeks! I am going to keep phoning but will probably be no use.

margaret
19-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Staff could be on holiday and cant get back ,ofsted under staffed,so cant get variations out.

Fabby
19-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Staff could be on holiday and cant get back ,ofsted under staffed,so cant get variations out.

This is what i was going say. Hopefully you will get it soon

Shirlwith3
19-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I emailed the request to make sure they got it in plenty of time. When I phoned last Tue I was told it was in early stages then today I was told the same again. I really could do with know before Fri as I need it for Monday.

Think I will call every day then they might get things moving, last time I requested a variation they gave me the go ahead on the SAturday & the child started on the Monday. so it was cutting it fine with granting the request then

Heaven Scent
19-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey there we go - anyone due an inspection this week and not fully organised can say -

Sorry Mrs Ofsted no learning Journals, Risk Assessments, Policies or Child Reccords available for you to look at due to no flights over Britain this week :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - Should go down well don't you think ;) ;)

Dare someone to try it!!!!!

miffy
20-04-2010, 06:34 AM
I just phoned Ofsted to see if there was any news on my variation request that I sent 1st April, I had phoned this morning but the gentlmans said he would look into it for me & get back, well he has not swhich is why I phoned again, this is what the thie bloke sadi to me he could not email the variation department as they would already have my details of my earlier call & that there is a backlog for one sreason or another plus becasue of the no flights over the britian, what heck has that to do with my request.
I have already told them I need an answer by end of the week.
:rolleyes: Any excuse! :laughing:

Hope you get it sorted soon, Shirl

Miffy xx

Mouse
20-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I phoned today about a variation & was told that there is a backlog, made worse by the emergency variations they are having to rush through for minders who are covering for others who are stuck abroad due to the flight delays.

That makes a bit more sense :rolleyes:

Mollymop
20-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh no no no! boo hoo! I am awaiting for a decision for my first ever variation. I phoned them yesterday and asked whether it was getting processed ok and they said that it was and I should hear something soon. They never mentioned there being a backlog:rolleyes:

I guess I am going to lose out on 2 children that I desperately need (financially) to take on:(

Heaven Scent
20-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I phoned today about a variation & was told that there is a backlog, made worse by the emergency variations they are having to rush through for minders who are covering for others who are stuck abroad due to the flight delays.

That makes a bit more sense :rolleyes:

Put this way it makes a great deal more sense!!! - I think Shirls man needs to go on an effective communication course!!!!!!!!