PDA

View Full Version : NCMA or MM?

tinkerbell_85
21-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I had my ICP intro last night and was shown both starter packs. MM looks really good as it is all in a binder toger and neat but so does ncma, whcih is better? need to look into sorting this out! can anyone help?

sarah707
21-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Both have very happy customers... both do a magazine (MM online, Ncma post)... both provide excellent levels of public liability and other cover...

NCMA is more expensive... NCMA do more lobbying for childminders with the govt and Ofsted, suppose that is what members are paying for... MM is an insurance company.

I have not seen the NCMA pack - I have seen the MM one and it is very good. I do not know how much refills cost - this is worth comparing for the future.

If you go with NCMA you must use their paperwork... with MM you can use your own...

I hope this helps :D

tinkerbell_85
21-03-2008, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=sarahnev707;91156]Both have very happy customers... both do a magazine (MM online, Ncma post)... both provide excellent levels of public liability and other cover...

NCMA is more expensive... NCMA do more lobbying for childminders with the govt and Ofsted, suppose that is what members are paying for... MM is an insurance company.

I have not seen the NCMA pack - I have seen the MM one and it is very good. I do not know how much refills cost - this is worth comparing for the future.

If you go with NCMA you must use their paperwork... with MM you can use your own...

/QUOTE]

Which one do you use?

Tatia
22-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I use NCMA and I love it. I've only seen MM paperwork once, when they showed me the two kits. I guess I like being registered with a company that works to promote and raise awareness of childminding and is not just an insurance company. That's just my two pennies, though.

NCMA paperwork will come in a little lock box so that's helpful for fulfilling the requirement that records need to be locked up.

sarah707
22-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I use Morton Michel but I was trying to give a balanced view (hope I succeeded!) :D

tinkerbell_85
22-03-2008, 09:12 AM
thats fair enough, just trying to decide. they both look quite good and do the same thing. MM is alot cheaper tho......to many decisions.

teacake2
23-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I have just changed to MM, the charges made are much more reasonable, I have childminding insurance as well as house and contents insurance, the cost of the house and contents especially was very good, I had to change from my previous insurer because they decided after 10 years that they were no longer going to insure me if I carried on being a childminder as I was a high risk, wonder why it took them so long to decide this?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Teacake2

tinkerbell_85
23-03-2008, 06:34 PM
after 10 years?????? my goodness! i would be going nuts!

Monkey1
23-03-2008, 06:38 PM
I have just changed to MM after being with NCMA for 6 years!

tinkerbell_85
23-03-2008, 07:57 PM
i have chosen MM to go with, seems to be a fav for people plus looks alot neater too.
thanks guys

LittleMissSparkles
23-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I have decided come my renewal date of June I will be going with MM xxx

Tily Bud
23-03-2008, 08:18 PM
im currently with ncma and am concidering going with mm x

Heaven Scent
10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm with NCMA and am due to renew in July so will have to do some serious investigation into this as still have NCMA paperwork in use I'd like to see the MM paperwork and see what they offer. NCMA have free legal support if you use their paperwork but do MM?

I would like to go between them from year to year to avail of both lots of experience if you know what I mean.