PDA

View Full Version : Garden Question

maisiemog
19-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Sorry for yet another question. Keep thinkin of them now my first day is only tomorrow!

BAsically we're in the middle of doing our garden. Its not safe at the moment but will be in a few weeks when we've laid the turf and tidied it. Am I ok to say that the garden is not part of the minding area for now but to give outdoor play we will go to the park that is 2 mins away from the house???

It is only temporary as well so surely that would be ok?

Mouse
19-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Is your garden registered to be used? When I first registered our garden wasn't ready, so it was excluded from my registration. Luckily we have several parks nearby, so used them every day. Once the garden was ready, I contacted social services (it wasn't Ofsted in those days) and had it included on my registration.

I think it's perfectly OK to say the garden can't be used at the moment, as long as you show how you will make sure the children have regular outdoor play.

green puppy
19-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Sounds fine, as long as children get some outdoor time then thats fine. Doesn't just have to be the park though, I sometimes go for "spotting" walks where we have to find lots of red things or count how many cats we see. Or we go puddle splashing on a rainy day.