PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept LO or say no?

snufflepuff
19-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I was supposed to have a mindee today but she came up in a rash over the weekend so mum kept her off and sent her to Grandma instead. Anyway, GP said its a viral infection and she is now on antibiotics and eye drops for conjunctivitis. Mum wants to know if i can still have her Wednesday. Can i say no?!
I know this will sound selfish but i really, really dont want my son to catch anything. We are meant to be going on a little holiday next week and im terrified something will stop us going- last year we cut our weekend break short because LO was very poorly and we had to take him to A&E. The year before we cancelled our holiday because i was admitted to hospital suffering with a pregnancy condition called hyperemesis. The year before that we were skint bcause of some unexpected car bills and a house move so didnt book a holiday. I just feel like we really deserve a holiday after the disasters we have had so far!
(Plus last time her LO was ill she told me she was fine, had been clear for 48 hours, and was well enough to come back- she then gave my son her awful V&D bug which ruined his first birthday- and then passed on to me, my partner, and almost every member of both our families!)
What would you do???

sandy64
19-04-2010, 01:46 PM
if shes on antibiotics infection should be clear by wednesday, if you really dont want to risk it you could tell her why and say you wont charge.sorry cant be more help:)

Daftbat
19-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I agree with Sandy. You could in effect refuse - its your business at the end of the day but i would have thought any real danger would be gone by Wednesday.

miffy
20-04-2010, 06:36 AM
if you really dont want to risk it you could tell her why and say you wont charge.sorry cant be more help:)

I would do this

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your holiday

Miffy xx