PDA

View Full Version : Mrs NVQ been and gone....

Jules27
19-04-2010, 12:49 PM
..... was here all of 3 hours, the last 2 visits have been 5 hours lol!!! She was thrilled at how much I had done woo hoo but of course thats leaves her with loads of marking to do ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Its good now i'm able to cross reference so many things as cuts the work load a bit! Doing knowledge for 320 this month but fair amount has already been covered elsewhere so will hopefully be able to make a start on 301 too. Can see a light at end of tunnel .... all be it a very dim one!!!:thumbsup:

sfox2003
19-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Well done you!

I was considering starting my NVQ level 3. How many hours a week do you think you put in? I was thinking of doing it to help with all the eyfs stuff as Im new to childcare & could do with all the extra training I can get. Hubbys just worried about all the extra work I would have to take on - Is there much?

Thanks

Jules27
19-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Well done you!

I was considering starting my NVQ level 3. How many hours a week do you think you put in? I was thinking of doing it to help with all the eyfs stuff as Im new to childcare & could do with all the extra training I can get. Hubbys just worried about all the extra work I would have to take on - Is there much?

Thanks

I probably spend around 5 -10 hours a week on it depending what unit as some need more reserch than others. Think its harder at the beginning as you are doing it all from scratch. Gets bit easier once you are able to cross reference answers from unit to unit. It varies across the country as to how much writing there is to do. I am learning a lot from it and am tweaking my policies here and there as things crop up. Is interesting but does require motivation if you are doing it at home!!!! I would say go for it!!! :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-04-2010, 06:31 PM
..... was here all of 3 hours, the last 2 visits have been 5 hours lol!!! She was thrilled at how much I had done woo hoo but of course thats leaves her with loads of marking to do ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Its good now i'm able to cross reference so many things as cuts the work load a bit! Doing knowledge for 320 this month but fair amount has already been covered elsewhere so will hopefully be able to make a start on 301 too. Can see a light at end of tunnel .... all be it a very dim one!!!:thumbsup:

well done you! :D

miffy
19-04-2010, 07:19 PM

Glad it went well - just keep plugging away at it and you'll get there! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

estrelas
19-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I probably spend around 5 -10 hours a week on it depending what unit as some need more reserch than others. Think its harder at the beginning as you are doing it all from scratch. Gets bit easier once you are able to cross reference answers from unit to unit. It varies across the country as to how much writing there is to do. I am learning a lot from it and am tweaking my policies here and there as things crop up. Is interesting but does require motivation if you are doing it at home!!!! I would say go for it!!! :thumbsup:

i can't wait to start mine, two weeks hopefully
well done you x

Zoomie
19-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Well done you.

How long till you think you are done ?

I take my hat off to you re 5-10 hours a week.

this week I am forcing myself to do an hour a night. i have two assignments due, one was actually due a month ago but my computer crashed and i lost more than just my motivation :angry: .

cher25
19-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Well done! Im finished mine, took a long time as hardly seen assessor. I only had to write up notes to talk about for mine, but couldn't get motivated for that! Just got to get keyskills out the way now.
Don't envy you all writing reams and reams. lol

Beetlejuice
20-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Well done, that's brilliant! I have 302 signed off and 304 is with my tutor for internal verification. I am hoping to hand in 307 this week. She had my report for 304 which I should get back on Thursday at college and I'm praying it will cover a lot for 316/320 too:thumbsup: I still feel like I have a looooooong way to go though!!:blush: