PDA

View Full Version : Notice for days off

maisiemog
19-04-2010, 07:00 AM
How much notice do I need to give mindees about days off?

My DD has just been given the date of her ear operation. We've been waiting for it for almost a year. It's in 3 weeks time which doesnt feel like much notice but I really need to be with her on the day. Cant stand the thought of her being knocked out and me not being there when she wakes up.

Is that a reasonable length of time to give parents notice? I have another CM friend who is willing to look after my mindee if needed.

The Juggler
19-04-2010, 07:02 AM
depends on your contract. I have 4 weeks notice of annual leave and 2 weeks notice for odd days off. 3 weeks sounds plenty hon and I'm sure parent would understand even if you have 4 weeks notice for everything given the circumstances. I would just let them know today asap.

haribo
19-04-2010, 07:15 AM
i think thats plenty of time given what its for and that you have only just been given a date .

wendywu
19-04-2010, 07:19 AM
This is an emergency and i would not even worry about taking one day off minding for an operation.

3 weeks is plenty of time :thumbsup:

celdemorg
19-04-2010, 07:21 AM
i usually give 4 weeks, as per contract, but because of the circumstances I'm sure they should be understandable.

xx

Blue Boy
19-04-2010, 07:23 AM
I am sure your parents will understand.

wendywu
19-04-2010, 07:25 AM
[
QUOTE]
i usually give 4 weeks, as per contract, but because of the circumstances I'm sure they should be understandable.

But you cannot give 4 weeks for emergencies or for days off due to your own sickness or you own families illness. The 4 weeks does not count then.:(

tashaleee
19-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I would give them the notice and say that you would have normally booked it as a days holiday, but as youve not been given 4 weeks notice by the hospital then there is not much else you can do than take it as a day with no pay.... I would definitely not be working and im sure the parents wouldnt expect you to :thumbsup: