PDA

View Full Version : Home-made dressing up outfits?

button68
21-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I have quite a lot of dressing up outfits but I am badly lacking in multicutural outfits (i.e. I don't have any!!)

Prices on internet are ridiculous. Some have any of you made your own? and if so can you give me any pointers??

sarah707
21-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I went to Longsight, Manchester and shopped in the Indian shops and on the market. It was a revelation! And I got dresses, scarves, bracelets, trousers etc... not expensive.

Do you have somewhere in Liverpool that's multicultural? :D

button68
21-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Do you have somewhere in Liverpool that's multicultural? :D

Possibly .... this is The Capital of Culture, remember!! :laughing:

Seriously, there is a huge chinese community with lots of shops (I raided them at Chineese New Year) and I know a few West Indian shops too but these are all food shops.

Will have a look at yell.com

Pipsqueak
21-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Oxfam do a lot of multi-cultural stuff (depends I think though on how big a store you have) but also check out their website.
I hit the charity shops reguarly, get bits of material, jewellery, boas, etc..... (recently picked up a dress that serves well as a Chinese costume). Woolies often have knock down prices and Wilkinsons do at the moment (think they are online now too).

Primark is good for picking up jewellery, beads, fluffy things and their clothes are that cheap much of it you can cut down to size etc....

crazybones
21-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Possibly .... this is The Capital of Culture, remember!! :laughing:

Seriously, there is a huge chinese community with lots of shops (I raided them at Chineese New Year) and I know a few West Indian shops too but these are all food shops.

Will have a look at yell.com

I was racking my brains too there but cant think of anywhere in Liverpool.

Donkey
14-04-2008, 04:55 PM
i saw some childrens saris on ebay... :)

miffy
14-04-2008, 04:56 PM
i saw some childrens saris on ebay... :)

Thank you I might check those out

miffy xx

avril
14-04-2008, 05:00 PM
What about quiggins they have all sorts of little shops they are now in Renshaw Street Grand Central Hall. Worth a try maybe???

Avril x:)

miss muffit
14-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi you could try the carboots sales
I bought a sari for 50p ( i dont think the seller now what it really was)
i was just luck that day Kaz x:)

mum22
14-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi

We have a sheet, it has been ghosts, tents, sari, wedding outfit.... doctor's coat, etc.....

x
Helen

tulip0803
14-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I bought some salwaar kameez/shalwar kameez from ebay 99p plus postage.
Have also seen the thai satin pjs for 99p too

button68
14-04-2008, 05:30 PM
DH is in Penang, Malaysia at the moment maybe I should get his to g looking for stuff for me :thumbsup: