PDA

View Full Version : What did you have to buy?

Mrs_F
18-04-2010, 06:58 PM
When you started childminding, did you have most things for your own children? and if you had to buy stuff, what did you purchase? (I'm not buying stuff yet lol, but thought it would be good for when I do and for others too) x

Mookins
18-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Ive got bits that were my daughters, but will keep most of hers seperate unles she would like to share

got loads from freecycle so far,
lots of books, mirrored toys, shape sorters, stackables, bricks, megablocks,dolls and clothes

hoping to get some musical instruments soon...but may have to buy these as havent seen any for free

have started raiding the local carboots and charity shops too

x x x

Zoomie
18-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I have 6 years between my 2nd and 3rd child so had got rid of loads of stuff.

Essentially we have started again cos of 3rd child, but I just waited until I had a potential mindee and then made sure I had a few bits to entertain him (his sister was similar age to my 3rd child, so was easily sorted).

Stuff to go into a home corner, a couple of cars and dollies, some dressing up, a few building blocks / duplo should sort you out to start with. Oh and some books, but you can borrow these from the library too :D

Car boot sales are fab, so make sure you attend some.

Toothfairy
18-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I had loads of toys and most of the baby equipment but had to buy a double buggy and a baby seat.

huggableshelly
18-04-2010, 09:53 PM
car seats but waited till i needed them

travel cot .. its 6 years old now and has never been used .. waste of money!

filing cabinet within 4 wks of being registered - its full of paints craft and scissors rather than paperwork lol

double buggy - again it was a waste of money never used it and gave it to another cm

i think thats about it for big stuff, everything else either belonged to my own kiddies of was handed down to me, one of my very first mindees emptied his toy box out and gave it all to me, he was heading off to big school and no longer wanted the baby things ... bonus!