PDA

View Full Version : i want to cry

WibbleWobble
18-04-2010, 02:44 PM
i have been at this computer since 8am and i have had enough. I have only got up to Section 5 and i have already done 5000 words!

my back hurts and i just want to cry.

I feel like telling ofsted to stick it up their:censored: or send them a bill for my time. If i was a nursery i would be able to allocate paid time to do this.

i am so flippin :censored: off

sorry for language and rant

eating a mini roll

amndy x - see i cant even spell my name now!

christine e
18-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I think it is best tackled over a period of time!

Leave it for today

Cx

beccas
18-04-2010, 02:46 PM
contact sarah707 she does a excellent ebook i used it and ofsted complimented me on my sef. she emails them to you. if you look at her profile she has a website where you can order them from.

trist me well worth it and not too expensive either:clapping:

WibbleWobble
18-04-2010, 02:46 PM
contact sarah707 she does a excellent ebook i used it and ofsted complimented me on my sef. she emails them to you. if you look at her profile she has a website where you can order them from.

trist me well worth it and not too expensive either:clapping:

got it already...:D

manjay
18-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I absolutely would not do it in one go!!!!! I know ours is slightly different in Wales but I have min saved to my laptop and add to it when I have a spare 5 mins. The one I did for my first inspection was a daunting task but I had nothing to work from. Definitely spread it out

Toothfairy
18-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I did 3-4hrs every day for 4 days, and then spent a further 2hrs after that titivating it before I submitted it.
I could have written more but I ran out of time as my inspection was due.

I can now go back and update it, adding in more bits as I think of them.

Have a break and do a bit more tomorrow.

WibbleWobble
18-04-2010, 03:10 PM
the problem is i have got myself into a right tiz as i am convinced she will turn up at any time (i have been registered since 22nd january) !!!!!:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

mandy x

now drinking wine and eating another mini roll

Mouse
18-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I nearly gave up childminding completely when I was doing my SEF! It really knocked my confidence & I thought I must be a rubbish childminder :eek: I was ready to pack it all in.

It took me a week to complete & luckily something clicked part way through (though that could have been my back from sitting at the laptop for so long!) and it seemed to make sense.

I found it helped to look at some inspection reports online as you could see what sort of things the inspectors commented on in each section.

Stick with it - it's worth it in the end.

Mrs Argyle
18-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I knoe the feeling, i've had Easter off and all I've done is updates obs. daughter turned 16 so loads of Ofsted/CRB forms to complete, Essex County Council wanted a RAG SEF completed, updated my safeguarding childrens policy and a variations form had to be completed and sent off ! I,m surrounded by paper ! :(

Mrs Argyle
18-04-2010, 04:14 PM
P.S I've not even started my SEF yet ! :(

sonia ann
18-04-2010, 04:56 PM
P.S I've not even started my SEF yet ! :(

neither have I......had my inspection Jan 2009 and my sef was rough notes on paper which she was happy with.......yet to start it properly:(

Carol M
18-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I did half last year before inspection , old form.
Downloaded new one but don't know where to start!
It's the only thing that I get my knickers in a twist about!!
Carol:panic:

FussyElmo
18-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Sef what's that then :eek:

Heaven Scent
18-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh please don't cry - just dip in and out of it - its not a legal requirement yet - is it?????