PDA

View Full Version : letter from doctors off parent

TRACEY1969
18-04-2010, 12:48 PM
i have been off for 2 weeks from one of mine mindees and half way in my second week she brought a letter from the doctors stating he has a heat rash and this is not contagious. I don't know why she has done this as he doesn't come back for another 5 days. Surely the heat rash would be gone by then. she also says that he isn't sleeping to good as he is breaking out into sweats and he is scratching and now he is having test due to this (only 22 months old). What would you think as i have another 2 mindees on the same days i have this one.

Pipsqueak
18-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Perhaps she was just concerned that you wouldn't have him back?

Heat rash can last a while - poor bairn.

If you are 100% sure its from the doctor and she is not trying it on then have him back.
However, its YOUR business, YOUR rules and even a letter from the doctor wouldn't override my decision if I said a child could not attend if they were unwell.

Hebs
18-04-2010, 02:14 PM
if it is a heat rash why would they be doing tests???

Daftbat
18-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I think i would be lead by the doctor - why not take the letter to your own GP and ask their advice?

louise
18-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi. My Ds has Actinic prurigo which is basicly an allergy to sunlight. He comes out with a chicken pox type of rash within 20 mins of being in the sun.(saying that he is a lot better so far this year) It took me over a year to get him diganoised. Anyway it doesn't sound like this but i know their are some other types of allergy to sun light. Polymorphic light eruption is one that can have a heat rash type rash. I'm not saying mindee has it or another type but ds had a blood test to confirm what he had which has made me wonder if they are testing for a form of it. Ask the Mum for more info.

Mookins
18-04-2010, 04:53 PM
as a little one I was always having to keep covered up from the sun as I came out in a prickly rash, always throughout the summer cotton trousers and long sleeved tops :(
Now have opposite problem come out in an itchy rash everywhere when skin gets cold:(

someone already mentioned this why does mindee have more tests for heat rash?

x x x

TRACEY1969
19-04-2010, 04:45 PM
i have asked mum today about mindee and she said it was just a precusion. Anyway she rung me today and said he wasn't with me tomorrow and she will ring if he is back with me the rest of the week. She said he has had to have a dye in his body to see where the blockage was. What blockage i said she said he is having trouble weeing and he is red as well this is why she ask for the letter about this rash. i will know more when he has gone back to the hospital and he has the results. I told her that i will only have him back if he is ok and not in any pain as i have other mindees to look after and its not fair on them if they see another mindee upset due to his symtoms. Would you agree???