PDA

View Full Version : Had THE best idea yesterday!!!

manjay
18-04-2010, 11:02 AM
and I am now feeling all inspired:D . We have had our old frame tent stored away for about the last 3 years since we bought a caravan. Weather was nice yesterday so we decided it was time to get it out, put it up and make sure it was ok to sell. Baring in mind it is a huge 8 berth frame tent it does take a while:rolleyes: . I couldn't believe what good condition it is still in after we have had it for 11 years. It is the same make as the ones used in Europe for Key Camp and the like so I guess it was made to last. We spent the day sat in it yesterday reminiscing and we have some lovely memories. Hubby and I got married in secret whilst we were on holiday in it in 2000 and it was at the same time one of my DD's learnt to walk. Anyway we decided it was too sentimental to let it go.

In a flash of inspiration I thought it would be a fab outdoor play space for the summer:clapping: . The whole front folds up so in effect it looks like a massive gazebo. So that is what it is going to be. I am setting it out today. We have put one of the bedroom compartments in it which can be used for a quiet area and I have a home corner, seating/eating tables and I will be able to set up most of my outdoors toys up in it without having to put them away each day. My mindees will love it and we will be able to be outside in all weathers.

What do you think??? Much better than getting £50 on Ebay for it:D

amanda x

huggableshelly
18-04-2010, 11:06 AM
absolutly awsome idea .. i want to come and play too please!

I've put my gazebo up today ready for tomorrow, its only shower resitant but it managed last years lighter rains.

ajs
18-04-2010, 11:07 AM
it's fantastic idea and i wish i had a garden big enough to copy it.

we have a few tents but none that big but even though the garden is not big enough to leave a tent up and not be in the way

LOOPYLISA
18-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds fab :thumbsup:

I had a bad experience in a tent once, so its either caravans or hotels for me :laughing:

TheBTeam
18-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Fantastic idea, when can Huggable and I come round!:laughing:

RedDragon
18-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Plus you can sell it to yourself and put it on expenses as it will now be used for Childminding :thumbsup:

manjay
18-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Plus you can sell it to yourself and put it on expenses as it will now be used for Childminding :thumbsup:

Brilliant:thumbsup: :D

Toothfairy
18-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Thats a fantastic idea. :thumbsup:
I've got an 8 berth tent but its bigger than our garden :(
Will have to make do with the Gazebo again.

manjay
18-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I would say it probably takes up about 1/4 of the garden but the way I look at it is it will make the garden space more useable for a longer period of time. So I am not losing the space, just making more effective use of it;)

christine e
18-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Our childminding group bought 2 pop up type tents last year they have a floor space of about 8 or 10 ft sq. They fold down reasonably easily and can be carried like a huge backpack (older children love to carry them as they are light). They are great for days out as they provide shelter from rain and sun and a quiet area for babies to play or sleep. Think they cost about £50 each.

Cx

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 11:32 AM
what a fab idea and what lovely memories. Last year hubby put our small tent out to dry in the garden after camping and the mindees loved it and didn't want me to take it down.

Hebs
18-04-2010, 11:34 AM
will it not damage the grass?? due to it not getting any sunlight?

Mouse
18-04-2010, 12:39 PM
We did this last year & it was fab :clapping:

We were given a tent a while ago & it had been sat in the shed. We got it out one weekend & set it up, just to see what condition it was in. It got left out, so I though I might as well use it! The children loved playing in it & it was great to be able to go in it when it rained. The only problem I found was that it got very hot inside when we did have some sun.

We had one of the bedrooms set out with cushions & beanbags for the children to chill in and one section had the play kitchen etc in.

And at night, I just chucked all the toys in it & zipped it shut :thumbsup:

Fabby
18-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Sounds fabby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one :)

manjay
18-04-2010, 12:47 PM
My DD has just decided it would make an ideal marquee for her to have a BBQ for her 18th in August:eek:

mushpea
18-04-2010, 01:15 PM
sounds great,, wish i could do that but we have all block paving in our garden now so nowhere to peg a tent or a gazebo this year

LOOPYLISA
18-04-2010, 02:18 PM
My DD has just decided it would make an ideal marquee for her to have a BBQ for her 18th in August:eek:

:clapping:

Fab idea :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
18-04-2010, 04:22 PM
sounds great,, wish i could do that but we have all block paving in our garden now so nowhere to peg a tent or a gazebo this year

You can buy weights that fit over gazebo legs especially made for this reason.:thumbsup:

sophiemarie
18-04-2010, 04:45 PM
What a fab idea. We bought an 8 berth tent from ebay about 2 years ago and it has been in the garage ever since never even been up.
Think I will sweet talk hubby into putting it up he is not very keen on that sort of thing lol he got stressed out putting gazebo up last weekend.
I was going to buy a wendy house but this is a much better idea :) :)

FussyElmo
18-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Ooooh off too look on ebay now - actually wonder if my friend still has hers I can borrow (pinch).

What a marvellous idea :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: