PDA

View Full Version : PRINTING

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I have a printer at home that prints good, fairly high quality photos, documents. However, it's started being a bit 'shaky' when printing text etc. I've got something really important to print off and can't risk having shaky words/charts.

Anyone know where you can take files on a stick to be printed off for you? Somewhere not too expensive hopefully as I have 73 pages needing printed.

Thanks

manjay
18-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a printer at home that prints good, fairly high quality photos, documents. However, it's started being a bit 'shaky' when printing text etc. I've got something really important to print off and can't risk having shaky words/charts.

Anyone know where you can take files on a stick to be printed off for you? Somewhere not too expensive hopefully as I have 73 pages needing printed.

Thanks

I used a Pronto Print shop recently to print off my poster and that was from a memory stick. Have a look in the phone book for printers/print shops to see if you have any local to you. I found that quite often the smaller businesses will do it cheaper than the large chains. Failing that I have a good relationship with my children's school and I know they would do it for me. I would provide the paper and give a small donation for ink. That would prob work out much cheaper. I am also sure my NCMA development work/network co-ordinator would do the same sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted:D

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I used a Pronto Print shop recently to print off my poster and that was from a memory stick. Have a look in the phone book for printers/print shops to see if you have any local to you. I found that quite often the smaller businesses will do it cheaper than the large chains. Failing that I have a good relationship with my children's school and I know they would do it for me. I would provide the paper and give a small donation for ink. That would prob work out much cheaper. I am also sure my NCMA development work/network co-ordinator would do the same sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted:D

that's a great idea. :clapping: thanks hon. might ask the children's centre/school, I can take my paper and give them a donation. Never thought of that! I think it's because i've got a bog standard printer - I need a laser jet type thing for this.

huggableshelly
18-04-2010, 11:03 AM
my kiddies school will print out for me when i am desperate and i pay 5p a sheet.

staples will also print for you, they do charge a fee for putting a stick into their system, this covers them against any viruses that may be transfered, i cant remember what the cost is though.

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 11:06 AM
my kiddies school will print out for me when i am desperate and i pay 5p a sheet.

staples will also print for you, they do charge a fee for putting a stick into their system, this covers them against any viruses that may be transfered, i cant remember what the cost is though.

thanks hon, going to try staples if school say no. I'm getting the document spiral bound there too so can maybe do it all in one go.:)

manjay
18-04-2010, 11:17 AM
thanks hon, going to try staples if school say no. I'm getting the document spiral bound there too so can maybe do it all in one go.:)

Shame you didn't live closer!! I would have done it on my laser printer and spiral bound it for you:rolleyes: . I like my gadgets me!!!!!

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Shame you didn't live closer!! I would have done it on my laser printer and spiral bound it for you:rolleyes: . I like my gadgets me!!!!!

you have your own binding machine! love it. shame we weren't closer then:D . You'll be fine in your third year then;)

Toothfairy
18-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a spriral binder too, its fab for making up parent packs and daily diaries :thumbsup:

patevans
18-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I have a ring binding machine and thermal binding machine :clapping:

francinejayne
18-04-2010, 03:46 PM
ooh where do you get ring binding machines from and how much are they - I want one!!

our childrens centre print things for free for CMs!

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I have a ring binding machine and thermal binding machine :clapping:

:laughing: :laughing: i love it a choice of binders! need I ask if you have a laminator:p

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 08:58 PM
ooh where do you get ring binding machines from and how much are they - I want one!!

our childrens centre print things for free for CMs!

really ! wow even large parent packs etc?