PDA

View Full Version : Dee's Cambridge Diary

Pages : [1] 2

deeb66
21-03-2008, 02:09 PM
I went to see my Consultant and got weighed this morning.

I am really pleased....

I have lost another 6 1/2 pound making a total of 1 stone 7 1/2 pounds in under three weeks (will be 3 weeks on Monday)

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-141.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-141.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-141.gif

emler
21-03-2008, 02:25 PM
OMG Dee thats brilliant! :clapping: Well done. You must be chuffed to bits

Emler x

crazybones
21-03-2008, 02:26 PM
WOW That is fantastic. :clapping: :clapping: Well done you.

sarah707
21-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Congratulations Dee! That is fab news... do you feel any better? :D

deeb66
21-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Congratulations Dee! That is fab news... do you feel any better? :D

Yes actually I do but then I still have a long way to go!

Consultant did say that it will start to slow down now but even she was amazed at how much I have lost in such a short time.

carolinel
21-03-2008, 05:19 PM
well done Dee- that is something to be VERY proud of!!

Lou
21-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow thats amazing!!!!!!

You must be so pleased!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
21-03-2008, 05:24 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done Dee :clapping: :clapping:

No wonder you are always fighting me for the sexy spot!

Miffy xx

Tatia
21-03-2008, 05:26 PM
That's fantastic! :clapping:

angeldelight
21-03-2008, 06:23 PM
That is great news Dee well done to you im so proud of you and I know you have had some tough days too

Well done

Think I have your lost weight ha

Angel xx

Spangles
21-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Congratulations! That's brilliant! I bet your clothes are feeling huge now! Will you need a shopping trip for a new wardrobe now?

manjay
21-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Well done Dee. I am really chuffed for you. It is bad enough dieting at the best of times but not eating solids would kill me.

I am inspired!!

amanda xx

Monkey1
21-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Well done Dee you have done really well ! XXXX

ruby
21-03-2008, 07:32 PM
well done Dee

you are doing so well

congratulations:clapping: :clapping:

cathy

charleyfarley
21-03-2008, 07:36 PM
OMG Dee what a great weight lose

I hope you are really proud of yourself losing that amount I know I am :clapping:

You are doing so well, keep it up

Carol xx

Tily Bud
21-03-2008, 10:01 PM
WOW Dee that is amazing ! , i am seriously thinking of joining you xx

Trouble
21-03-2008, 11:02 PM
wow thats amazing well done you:clapping: :clapping:

oakie dokie
22-03-2008, 08:00 AM
im so envious, i have to join you,

hazelx

cheryl shall we do it together?

deeb66
22-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Thank you ladies

Yes I am really pleased but still have quite a way to go yet.

Lorri - I have a wardrobe full of different size clothes so will be ok for a little......just need to have a trying on session every couple of weeks :D

Angel - Yes I have had some tough days especially when meals that I love are being eaten like that curry the other day.....how I resisted I will never know but it really helps knowing you are there for me listening and encouraging me when my will power is being chipped away........thank you

Cheryl & Hazel - Why not join me.......I know that it is hard not to eat solid foods but as you can see the results are worth it.

If anyone is interested in doing it then check out the Cambridge website and under 'Counsellors' you will be able to find if there is one local to you.

Here is the link http://www.cambridge-diet.com/index.html

LittleMissSparkles
22-03-2008, 11:51 AM
DEE I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU :clapping: WELL DONE THAT IS MAGNIFICENT, KEEP IT UP BABE XXXX

Mollymop
22-03-2008, 12:01 PM
That's brilliant Dee. But what happens when you start eating properly again, will the weight pile straight back on?
I remember losing about a stone when I had PND but as soon as I was well again and started eating normally I went back to my original weight.

deeb66
22-03-2008, 12:15 PM
It will be much the same as any other diet that you come off. You have to be sensible and not eat everything in sight :D

What they recommend is to introduce food slowly and increase the daily calorie intake slowly so will probably take a couple of months to be back on food.

I will still get support and advise from the counsellor during this time and hopefully by the time I am on total solids again (sounds like a baby weaning ;) :D ) my body would have adjusted.

Mollymop
22-03-2008, 12:19 PM
That sounds great Dee. Good luck X

Cammie Doodle
22-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow go girl :thumbsup:

angeldelight
23-03-2008, 11:11 PM
How did the weekend go Dee did you fancy a easter egg ?

Angel xx

deeb66
24-03-2008, 05:33 PM
How did the weekend go Dee did you fancy a easter egg ?

Angel xx

No.....fortunately I haven't fancied one.

I am feeling quite positive at the moment and even managed to cook dinner and stay in the kitchen sitting at table and chatting to them whilst they were eating.

Fortunately Jack doesn't get many easter eggs as most rellies/friends give him money so there weren't that many eggs in the house :thumbsup:

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Dee

Hope you are ok?

I am going to have to start my diet soon you are putting me to shame I need a slap

Glad you are doing well though well done

Angel xx

Blaze
24-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Have to say I've heard great thngs about this diet...not my cup of tea, but your doing really well, so I have to say I'm very proud of you!:clapping:
Tasha:)

deeb66
24-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I am ok thanks Angel

I have got your message and will reply shortly....only just logged on....I have been spending the day doing a jigsaw puzzle........used to do them all the time but for some reason haven't done one for quite some time!

I know what you mean about getting started....I had promised myself that I would start in January but it never happened :(

I do think you have to be in the right frame of mind and you have had a lot go on recently so it is understandable.

Today makes 3 weeks for me which seems to have flown by.......it seems to be getting easier by the day.....but then I think the rate of weight loss is what is spurring me on.

LittleAcorns
25-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Dee,

Im so chuffed for you, you have so much control, well done!

has your consultant given you an idea as to how long these brilliant weight

losses will be?

Are you having to use anything on your skin? the reason I ask is when I lost

weight fast before, my skin didnt cope too well, and I got stretch marks!!

bazarre as I thought as the name suggested "stretch marks" it was just when

we have quick weight gain

I wish someone had mentioned to me that I had to sit in a vat of oil when

loosing weight quickly:thumbsup:

Banana
25-03-2008, 11:34 AM
You are such a star Dee!!

well done!!

Your weight loss is fabulous!!

xxx

deeb66
25-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Dee,

Im so chuffed for you, you have so much control, well done!

has your consultant given you an idea as to how long these brilliant weight

losses will be?

Are you having to use anything on your skin? the reason I ask is when I lost

weight fast before, my skin didnt cope too well, and I got stretch marks!!

bazarre as I thought as the name suggested "stretch marks" it was just when

we have quick weight gain

I wish someone had mentioned to me that I had to sit in a vat of oil when

loosing weight quickly:thumbsup:

Apparantly I have lost a large amount of weight in such a short time and this is the first time she has seen someone drop so fast!.

She did tell me that the weight loss will slow down soon. I might see a really low week due to the fact that I have lost such a lot but then should stabalise of to about 3 - 4 pound per week which should average out at about a stone a month :thumbsup:

The key to saggy skin apparantly is the volume of water that you drink!

The 'norm' is about 2 litres a day which I don't struggle to drink as I usually drink that anyway (years of diets have taught me that!)

On Cambridge it is recommended to drink 4 litres a day. Food carries a lot of water too especially fruit & veg. Hence the reason you have to up the water consumption.

Apparantly water does help the skin to shrink back but it depends on the person and how long they have been overweight.......no different from any other diet really.

Before I started this is one of the questions I asked and said that people who have stomach surgery end up with masses of excess skin but she said that is because the stomach is reduced to such a small size that they cannot drink the water.

Needless to say I am drinking the 4 litres everyday as I want to help the skin go back. :D

Minnie Minx
25-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Well done dee, your achievement is amazing as are you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Keep going, you are one of the few of us that's actually losing weight lol

xxx

LittleAcorns
25-03-2008, 09:26 PM
The key to saggy skin apparantly is the volume of water that you drink!

The 'norm' is about 2 litres a day which I don't struggle to drink as I usually drink that anyway (years of diets have taught me that!)

Apparantly water does help the skin to shrink back but it depends on the person and how long they have been overweight.......no different from any other diet really.

Before I started this is one of the questions I asked and said that people who have stomach surgery end up with masses of excess skin but she said that is because the stomach is reduced to such a small size that they cannot drink the water.

Needless to say I am drinking the 4 litres everyday as I want to help the skin go back. :D

4 litres, wowsers, thats some going, good for you :p thanks for all the info, that explains a lot for me, I posted a while ago about dark shadows under my eyes, 1 symptom of dehydration, stretch marks = dehydration, I went for a face massage recently and she said my face was dehydrated,

Im going to drink 8 glasses of water every day and see how I go.....pehaps if I fill on water I wont eat as much hahahahaha

Tatia
26-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Dee, just wanted to pop in and show my support. I've been quiet as a mouse in this area over the last or so because I have been pigging out like crazy and was too embarrassed to show my pudgy face. Got a wake up at call at weigh-in last though and am back on the wagon.

Hope things are still going strong for ya. :thumbsup:

Tily Bud
27-03-2008, 06:39 PM
How's it going Dee, how much have you lost to date ?

deeb66
28-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for asking Cheryl.

I went and got weighed this morning and lost another 4 1/2 pound this week so in total I have lost 1 stone & 11 1/2 pounds in under 4 weeks.

I cannot believe that I have lost so much and am 2 1/2 pound away from loosing 2 stone

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

crazybones
28-03-2008, 04:57 PM
That is absolutely brilliant Dee. You must have so much willpower. Well done you. :clapping:

manjay
28-03-2008, 05:23 PM
That's fab Dee. I am really pleased for you

amanda xx

Lou
28-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Thats amazing Dee well done.

I wish i could lose 2 stone that quickly :mad:

you go girl!!!

Twinkles
28-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Well done Dee that's so amazing. I can't even stick to eating a little less let alone eating nothing :eek:

I'm so pleased for you, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Banana
28-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Well done Dee!!

Keep it up!!

I bet the quick results help a lot with sticking to it too doesnt it!! I am so tempted to try it but am so rubbish at sticking to things I bet I would be wasting my money!!

SO proud of your acheivement so far.. keep it up!!

:clapping: :clapping:

xx

emler
28-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Thats fantastic Dee - well done you. I wish I had your will power.

Emler x

Tily Bud
28-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow thats amazing Dee xx

Do you feel different in yourself, are your clothes loser ? x

carolinel
28-03-2008, 07:02 PM
well done Dee that's brilliant!:clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 07:07 PM
OMG Dee that is brilliant

Well done you

Angel xx

Blaze
28-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Well done Dee!:clapping:
Tasha:)

charleyfarley
28-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh Dee that is fantastic. :clapping:

Keep it up you are doing so well

Really proud of you

Carol xx

Spangles
28-03-2008, 08:05 PM
That's amazing!

I e-mailed my local adviser, toldher how much I had to lose and she said that she could work out a plan to suit me but I said I was worried about buying the products and not being able to bear the taste - I'm very picky! She said that if I let her know I could just buy 2 or 3 packets to see what I thought so I may give it a go next week. Trouble is I daren't mention it to Darren at the moment because he'll go mad!

What do you think are the best, most normal flavoured products Dee?

deeb66
29-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Thank you ladies.

Have to admit that it is getting easier now and thinking about food less and less. I can now even cook dinner everynight for everyone and sit at that table with them chatting whilst they eat.

When I first started the smell of food drove me mad.

My test of willpower will be put to test this evening though as I am out on a course all day today so told them they could have take away curry for dinner as didn't fancy cooking when I got home.

I absolutely love curry!!!!

Lorri

Stay away from the soups.......have to say they are the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life!

I have listed some of the flavours of shakes they do - I have listed them in order of preference so the top one is my favourite and so on.

Chocolate
Fruits of the forest
Strawberry
Chocolate mint
Butterscotch
Banana
Chocolate orange
Vanilla
Cappacino
Toffee & Walnut

I really like the top 3 and have those flavours most of the time.

When you mix them you have to be careful as they can come out powdery.....

so I have a big tupperware flask/container which I shake up the water and powder.

I then blend it with a hand held Braun food mixer (with whisk attachment) until well mixed and smooth.

Then I pour it into a glass through a tea strainer......

I am just being picky here but even if you blend it you still end up with a few very small lumps......I don't do lumps I am afraid :D .....if I drank them they would make me heave hence the reason I strain it.

Once I have done all this I have a lovely well blended and smooth shake:D

I hope this helps.

I would definately suggest trying a couple of the sachets to check and make sure you can drink them before committing to it and spending the £35 per week!

crazybones
29-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Do you think this diet has changed from about 15 years ago Dee? I did it then for 1 week - had terrible headaches and other side effects but stuck to it except for 1 night I had a piece of steamed white fish, which the councellor had told me I could if I was really starving. After a week I had put on half a pound, which I presume was water retention. The councellor was horrible telling me there was no way I had done it properly and I burst into tears and it put me off. Thinking back I cant remember being told to drink loads of water, which we all know now helps so much.

miffy
29-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Just wanted to say well done Dee and keep going

miffy xx

deeb66
29-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Do you think this diet has changed from about 15 years ago Dee? I did it then for 1 week - had terrible headaches and other side effects but stuck to it except for 1 night I had a piece of steamed white fish, which the councellor had told me I could if I was really starving. After a week I had put on half a pound, which I presume was water retention. The councellor was horrible telling me there was no way I had done it properly and I burst into tears and it put me off. Thinking back I cant remember being told to drink loads of water, which we all know now helps so much.

I think it has definately changed since then!

The counsellor has told me that it has evolved and changed from years ago and is much better today!

I think you will still have a terrible headache between day 2-4.I know I did I also ended up with the shakes too but then i think some of that was caffeine withdrawal. I did have take quite a few paracetamol during those days but began to feel much better on day 4.

There are a few unpleasant side effects to this diet though that I think anyone who is thinking about doing it should know.....

Firstly .......Because you are on such a low calorie intake and having very few carbahydrates it forces your body into a state which is called Ketosis. When the body is in Ketosis it forces it to burn it's fat stores for fuel.

Unfortunately this causes bad breathe :eek: You are not allowed to chew chewing gum so I often brush my teeth 4-5 times a day (definately before I go out!). I also carry a fresh breathe spray that I use if I start to feel uncomfortable!

Secondly......I don't want to go into too much graphic detail but I am having trouble with bowel movements! The is not much going in so very little coming out and what is coming out has become an effort so now having to add a fibre powder to the shake so that I can go!

I defiantely think water is the key....I genuinely do not feel hungry but then if you are drinking the levels of water you should be then it will be filling your stomach up. Also drinking the water also swills the mouth out and helps to reduce the smell of the Ketosis.

For a woman under 5' 8" they recommend having 3 packs a day but if you become really hungry then you can always add a fourth one without it causing problems. Each pack is about 167 calories each.

In my first week I bought enough for 4 packs a day as I was worried that I would be hungry but I have found that 3 packs is more than enough and have never had the 4th....now I just buy enough for 3 packs a day and have left the extra's in reserve just in case!

I won't lie to you - I do sometimes have a battle inside my head as I fancy eating food but then I think that you have that no matter what diet you do.

I hope all this helps

Spangles
29-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Thank you Dee for taking the time to type all of that information, it's definitely helpful.

I was just wondering if they do bars for snacks? He he! I'm thinking of snacking already!!!!

Just 3 x 167 calories a day seems very little!

crazybones
29-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I think I may keep this in reserve. If it gets to 6 weeks before my holiday and I am nowhere near getting back in last summers clothes I will have a rethink. Thank you Dee. :thumbsup:

deeb66
29-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you Dee for taking the time to type all of that information, it's definitely helpful.

I was just wondering if they do bars for snacks? He he! I'm thinking of snacking already!!!!

Just 3 x 167 calories a day seems very little!

Hi Lorri

Yes they do sell bars also but they wouldn't be for snacking!

One bar would replace one meal pack......so instead of 3 meal packs you could have 3 bars in one day instead.

Haven't tried the bars so don't know what they are like.......I am not sure how filling they would be as they are only the size of a normal low calorie snack bar iyswim!

Yes the calories are low but the 3 packs a day supply's you with all at least 100% of the minerals and vitamins that your body needs so only cutting down the calorific intake.

As it is classed as a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) it has to be done under medical supervision. You will be given a form to take to the doctor to read and sign before you can start.

Spangles
29-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Gosh! She hasn't mentioned that bit!

I will let you know how I go if I take the plunge! Just getting the courage up to mention it to Darren!

Tily Bud
29-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I think you're doing fantastic Dee x are your clothes getting looser ?

deeb66
30-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I think you're doing fantastic Dee x are your clothes getting looser ?

Thank you cheryl.

yes they are getting looser....I have noticed my trousers getting baggy around the bum and legs so will have to switch to a smaller size.

During the week I wear T shirts mostly and have noticed that they are also getting too big and will have to wear a smaller size too.

Lucky enough I have a wide rang of clothes in different sizes in my wardrobe so it shouldn't end up costing me a fortune :thumbsup:

Tily Bud
30-03-2008, 09:12 PM
So pleased you are noticing a difference Dee, keep us posted xx I really am going to have to try this xx

Rubybubbles
30-03-2008, 09:21 PM
well done dee, just catching up you are doing so well:clapping:

I spoke to hubby in tears today about my weight and said about going back onto CD, but we agreed that I'm going to do the slim fast as I just couldn' go without the food! I found it hard before, but am so proud of you hun your doing great

The other down side to CD for me was I only liked the chocolate and chocolate mint, and veg soup of which my counseller was always sold out of and I had to try and stomache other flavours:eek:

I start tomorrow on my slim fast and your progress is really spuring me on :clapping:

manjay
30-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Hope we don't all waste away before we get to meet :D

amanda xx

deeb66
31-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Hope we don't all waste away before we get to meet :D

amanda xx

Trust me Amanda....I have got a long way before I waste away :D

Spangles
31-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I have decided to wait until next Monday before I think about doing the Cambridge Diet again as these diet tablets from Tesco seem to be working and they're a lot cheaper and I can still eat normal food!

I'll see how it goes but the C Diet may still be the way to go.

You're doing so well Dee, it's definitely encouraging me to diet - plus, all this sunshine! :)

deeb66
07-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Couldn't get on here over the weekend as I was ill so didn't post my weight loss.

I weighed in Friday morning and have lost another 3 1/4 pounds making just over 2 stone loss in just over 4 weeks.

It really is worth giving up food.....have to admit though I am really arguing with myself at the moment as a cheese, tomato, cucumber & lettuce sandwich keeps calling to me :panic: :panic:

Have had to be quite strong with myself as nearly given in a couple of times!

Mollymop
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Well done dee dee! That's brilliant! I hope you are better now X

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Dee that is really fantastic well done

I dont know how you have manged to do it

It must take heaps of will power

Keep it up

Well done

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
07-04-2008, 01:28 PM
dee thats brilliant well done

Could you not have a munch on an ice cube so you feel like your eating maybe? cos I'm sure not not feeling hungry just missing out ( this is my top tip when dieting BTW it helps lots!! haha big bag of ice from tescos once a week:o )

deeb66
07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Not sure my teeth would approve though :laughing:

No it's definately the cheese.....I am afraid I am a cheese freak and really missing it!

also craving for some fruit & veg and oh don't forget about the Salmon.

I keep dreaming of food......or perhaps I should say I am having nightmares :D

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Well done Dee, I'm so in awe of what you've done. I don't know how you manage but keep going . I think it's amazing :clapping:

Tatia
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry you were ill. Hope you're feeling better.

And congrats about the continued weight loss and will power you are demontrating. That is just fantastic. You're such a strong lady!

Banana
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear it is still going well Dee!! Keep going!!

xx

LittleAcorns
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Dee, do you know what? give yourself a huge pat on the back, you are such a strong person, I am sooooo soooo proud of you, keep up the great work and I look forward to the new piccies *hint *hint :D :D :D

Lou
07-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Thats amazing Dee, well done, you are doing so well!!!

You must be sooo strong i am so proud of you xx

Tily Bud
08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Ive not been on for while either Dee, so pleased to hear you are still doing well xx keep up the good work :thumbsup:

deeb66
13-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been around very much but still not been very well.....still been working but collapsing in bed at night when the kids leave.

Anyway....I went to got weighed Friday morning and I lost another 4lbs this week which I am really pleased about.

The cheese sandwich is still calling to me but I am still being strong and refusing to listen to it :eek:

miffy
13-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Stay strong Dee - the results speak for themselves - well done you what willpower I am envious!

miffy xx

crazybones
13-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Well done. You are doing great. Hope you are feeling better soon and the diet is not taking it out of you too much.

angeldelight
13-04-2008, 09:28 PM
You are sooooo good Dee

Well done

Angel xx

Lou
13-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Thats amazing Dee, well done you are so good.

How much have you lost altogther now? and do you have target?

donnahay0
14-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Well done Dee - keep it up girl.

deeb66
14-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Thats amazing Dee, well done you are so good.

How much have you lost altogther now? and do you have target?

I started on 3rd March and to date I have lost 32 1/4 pounds.....which is over 2 1/4 stone.

I am really pleased to have lost so much in such a short space of time.

In the beginning I had exceptional weight losses but it has now settled at the predicted 3-4lb loss each week which I am happy with because it still guarantees me a loss of a stone a month.

I am going on holiday on 17th July so from the beginning of July I need to start introducing food so that my stomach is accepting it ok before I go away.

I intend on going back to it when I come home from holiday as I still have quite a bit to loose.

I know that it sounds really strange (Nigel say's I am affected in the head!) but although I have times when I find it really hard......it is probably one of the easy diets I have ever done because I don't spend my time thinking about what I am going to eat...

The hardest decision I have to knowing what flavour to drink :D

nell57
14-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Well done Dee, keep up the good work, you've got more will power than me.

Helen

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 07:25 PM
dee your doing so well you go girl:clapping: :clapping:

Trouble
14-04-2008, 07:27 PM
keep going your doing a great job:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Minnie Minx
14-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Dee you are doing fantastic :clapping: :clapping: and you'll be one of the slimmest members at the christmas doo

xxx

carolinel
14-04-2008, 10:01 PM
wow Dee - that is amazing.

Well done.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

emler
15-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Well done Dee :clapping:

Emler x

Tatia
15-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Dee, you're an inspiration.

Have you taken progress photos?

deeb66
15-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Have you taken progress photos?

No not yet Tatia

I was going to wait until I had hit the 3 stone mark.

When I get there I will post another picture in the Fatties foto section.

Blaze
15-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to say a HUGE CONGRATULTIONS!:clapping:
Blaze:)

Tily Bud
17-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Ive got to say Dee you are amazing and an inspiration to us all :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
17-04-2008, 09:12 PM
You have done incredibly well Dee

Keep it up

miffy xx

deeb66
18-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Thank you ladies....I do appreciate the support!

Well I went and got weighed this morning and .........

I have lost another 5 1/4 pounds making a total of 37 1/2 pounds.

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 08:51 AM
That is fantastic Dee a very very well done to you

Angel xx

Monkey1
18-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Well done Dee!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

mjw
18-04-2008, 09:55 AM
If I walk past you at the next meeting its because I won't recognize you! Hope the same sense of humour is there or I will be feeding you cream cakes. You always brighten up every meeting I go to !
Mary

nell57
18-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Well done Dee, keep it going:clapping:

Helen

ma7ie
18-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Congratulations Dee, you're doing so well :D

charleyfarley
18-04-2008, 01:09 PM
That's fantastic Dee :clapping:

You really are a star :clapping: Well done

Carol xx

deeb66
18-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Thank you ladies.

Have to admit I am a bit of a high today.

I am feeling really good.....think I must at last be getting over this bug and really feel quite energetic!

I am convinced that loosing that sort of weight has helped as obviously my poor legs are not having to lug it around!

I was really surprised this morning when she told me how much I had lost - I am convinced that all that walking I did on Wednesday helped and that I have had a really busy week. I had expected to loose the 3-3.5 pound but this mornings result really was a bonus!

deeb66
18-04-2008, 02:44 PM
If I walk past you at the next meeting its because I won't recognize you! Hope the same sense of humour is there or I will be feeding you cream cakes. You always brighten up every meeting I go to !
Mary

Thank you Mary.....that is really sweet of you!

Even though my body is shrinking I can assure you that my mouth is just as big as it ever was :laughing: ......

AND.... if I have managed to loose my sense of humour then you have my permission to stuff my mouth with cream cakes :D

Lou
18-04-2008, 03:35 PM
What an amazing result Dee, you truly are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!

Tily Bud
19-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Im just going to go and check out the cambridge diet website now xx

Welldone Dee xxx

deeb66
21-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh my lord

I am having a nightmare and I am not even asleep!

I have this cheese, tomato, cucumber & lettuce sandwich that keeps haunting me and it is back again!

I keep telling myself that I don't really want it!!!!!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 07:58 PM
NO DEE

YOU DO NOT WANT IT

YOU REALLY DO NOT

ITS GOING TO TASTE HORRIBLE AND STICK IN YOUR THROAD

DONT DO IT

Angel xxx

deeb66
21-04-2008, 08:09 PM
That is what i keep telling myself Angel.

It will taste horrible.....yuk yuk yuk!

Problem is I know it will taste nice......might have to go asleep soon.

If I am asleep I can't eat :D

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Hope you did not eat that sandwich Dee

Angel xx

charleyfarley
21-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Oh my lord

I am having a nightmare and I am not even asleep!

I have this cheese, tomato, cucumber & lettuce sandwich that keeps haunting me and it is back again!

I keep telling myself that I don't really want it!!!!!

Dee as a friend of yours I will take the sandwich off your hands and eat it myself :laughing:

Tell it go to Carol and eventually it will come to me

Problem solved, hopefully

Carol xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Carol you are not allowed either haha

Angel xx

charleyfarley
21-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeh but it is a salad sandwich Angel

Ok it's got cheese too but we have to support Dee the best we can

Carol xxx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Haha very funny

Angel xx

charleyfarley
21-04-2008, 10:52 PM
How are you doing Angel?

Carol xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I started my diet today and its killed me

I have been eating carrots and grapes during my hungry spells

I made some bread and it smelt and looked so yummy

But I am going to be slimmer hopefully a little anyway when we meet in June

Angel xx

charleyfarley
21-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I've lost 11lbs and you can't even tell :angry:

Think it's mostly down to me being ill but I do hope I can keep it off although I did just eat a snicker :panic:

Glad you've started Angel ,again, keep it up and by June we'll be super slim :clapping:

Carol xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow well done Carol - you might not be able to tell yet but another couple of pounds will do it and you will feel so much better

Hope you are feeling a bit better now

Angel xx

deeb66
22-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Carol....thank you very much for being heroic and offering to eat the sandwich for me :laughing:

I had my shower last night and went to bed.......worked on the theory that I couldn't eat if I was asleep :D

Well done on your weight loss....that is fantastic!

Be strong Angel.....I know you can do it.

Thanks very much for the support ladies.

Banana
22-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Glad to hear its still going well dee!!

wish my weight was coming off so quickly!!
x
xx

deeb66
22-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Thank you Lana

I have to admit I have really bad times when I just feel like eating but I am so ploeased with my rate of loss and that is what keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Some days are easier than others.:D

You are also doing really well and it sounds like you are enjoying being on SW which is an important factor of trying to loose weight......

keep up the good work sweetie......I really think you are doing well!

Banana
22-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Dee,

I am feeling very motivated today so maybe my biggest loss could be next week!!

keep up your good work

xx

deeb66
25-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Thank you all very much for your good luck messages in Lucy's thread.

Got weighed......

Lets just say that I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

I lost another 5lbs this week

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Making a total loss of 42 1/2 pounds.

That translates to 3 stone 1/2 pound in UNDER 2 months!

:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

You can see from all the smilies that I am very happy indeed :D

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I have sent you a message

But a very very well done Dee

Wow I would be happy in your shoes

Are you having to buy new clothes yet ? I bet they are getting really baggy now

Well done

Angel xx

Lou
25-04-2008, 11:40 AM
OMG DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you must be over the moon!!!!!

I am so pleased for you, well done you!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
25-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Well done - that's amazing Dee

Keep going

miffy xx

charleyfarley
25-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Dee that's fantastic, :clapping:

You must be the star of the class and what an inspiration for everyone to see how well you are doing. :clapping:

You deserve a treat so spoil yourself with something nice

Carol xx

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 11:47 AM
You know what this means though everyone ?

We all have to get cracking otherwise Dee is going to be the only slim one when we meet at christmas

Angel xx

deeb66
25-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes you will definately have to get cracking ladies.....I intend on being in a slinky little number by Christmas:D

Yes clothes are now starting to get baggy.

Fortunately I have a wide range of clothes in my wardrobe ranging in different sizes.

I have pulled out a smaller size tops/T shirts etc and I can now fit into my jeans.

I haven't been abole to wear my jeans for about 8 months now and tried them on and found not only can I do them up with ease but I can also bend over and touch my toes and still manage to breathe :D

Put on a pair of trousers this morning and Nigel told me that they were now far too big and did me no favours so will have to start digging in wardrobe for smaller clothes again.

I really don't want to buy anymore clothes yet as I am hoping to loose quite a bit more weight and will leave it until a bit nearer my holiday.....will try and see if i can make do with what I have.

May have to pop to M&S to get some trousers though as I did look in the mirror and had to agree that they look rather silly!

nell57
25-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Well done Dee thats fantastic:clapping: ,

You re starting to be my inspiration, when ever I can feel myself slipping or bored and want to snack (am not even hungry) I read how well you're doing. then keep telling myself I can do this.

Well done again and keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Helen

emler
25-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Dee you must be on cloud nine - that is absolutely fantastic :clapping: Well done

Emler x

mjw
25-04-2008, 02:35 PM
See you tomorrow in your new trousers!
Mary

deeb66
25-04-2008, 03:34 PM
See you tomorrow in your new trousers!
Mary

Didn't get to M & S Mary.

Will probably wear my jeans.

See you tomorrow sweetie......looking forward to catching up with you......seems like ages (think it was my birthday) since we had a chat!

Mollymop
28-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Well done Dee, you have done so well. I am sooo proud of you. X

(and i moan as i find it hard to lose 12 pounds!)

deeb66
28-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks Kirsty

Yes the thread is growing whilst I am shrinking!

I am surprised each week about the number of members who add their good luck and congratulations.......

Am amazed that they are not bored/fed up with my posts on it.:D

deeb66
28-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks Sandra

I have to say the only reason I am having such fantastic results is due to how severe the diet is.

Don't think I would be anywhere near as well if I was on a convential diet :D

carolinel
28-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Dee you are doing amazingly well.

you must have so much willpower!

Well done, can't wait to see some piccies!

deeb66
28-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Caroline

There is a picture in the general members area that was taken on Saturday.

The heading is Surrey's Network Conference where I met up with some of the ladies from here.

Blaze
28-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Having seen Dee in person all i have to say is WOW!!!:clapping: :thumbsup:

deeb66
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Been and got weighed again this morning.

I am really pleased to say that I have lost another 4lb this week and am very happy :clapping: :clapping:

I have now lost a total of 46 1/2 pounds in exactly 2 months!

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

charleyfarley
02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
You really are doing so well Dee

You and your family must be so proud :clapping: I know I am

Can't wait to see how well you do next week

Carol xx

deeb66
02-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks Carol

I am surprised that people are not bored or fed up with my weekly reports.

Other minders in my local area who I am really friendly with but may not see them for a good few weeks have commented on how they log on every Friday just to see if I have been weighed and how I am doing.

I have even been told off when I have said that I might stop the weekly reports:D

So here you are ladies.....I have posted your 'weekly fix' :laughing:

I am amazed you are not fed up with hearing it actually :thumbsup:

Banana
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Dee that is such a wonderful achievement!!!

well done, im so impressed at you for sticking it out!

xx

crazybones
02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
You must keep posting Dee. You are fabulous and I look forward to reading your progress. SHOUT IT from the rooftops. You are amazing. :clapping:

deeb66
02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks Lana

If I am being honest I am amazed that I have stuck to it too!

I think the only reason I have is because of the excellent losses I have each week and they are stirring me on!

I still have quite a way to go but will have to start introducing food in 9 weeks time as it is 11 weeks until I go away on holiday.

Someone asked me the other day if I would end up putting weight back on once I have got to goal weight.

To be honest I think there is a good chance that I will but then the same as any other diet it will be up to me how far I let it go before I do anything about it!

I will cross that bridge when I get there!

deeb66
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
You must keep posting Dee. You are fabulous and I look forward to reading your progress. SHOUT IT from the rooftops. You are amazing. :clapping:

Thank you Annie

I really do appreciate the support.

I have to admit that I do struggle at times but quite often come back to this thread and read the encouraging posts and look at what I have lost and that keeps me going.

So I really would like to say a big thank you to all of you.........I really couldn't do it without your support :thumbsup:

Banana
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
EVen if you do put a bit back on to start with Dee its not like you wont be able to control it. Its not like you are going to eat a roast dinner and wake up the next day putting 46lb back on is it!!

Keep up the good work! And keep up the diary- its a good read!

x

ajs
02-05-2008, 11:11 AM
WOW!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mjw
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Keep up the diary What else have I to look forward to on a Friday otherwise::thumbsup:
Mary

Lou
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
well done Dee, you are doing so well, i am in awe of you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

manjay
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow Dee that's fab! You will be slipping down the plug hole next;)

Keep up with the reports. It really is nice to see your progress

amanda x

sue32
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
well done to you Dee fab news. This is my first post and it is for you as your lost of weight is FAB:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

emler
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
:clapping: Well done again Dee - I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how much you have lost and how quickly too - You are doing soooo well - and you must keep us up to date every Friday!

Emler x

deeb66
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Thank you very much ladies.

Your support is really appreciated......I was just a little worried about boring you :D

Glad to see that you have started posting Sue.......as I have already told you - you will soon be addicted......ask Mary she will tell you!

mum2three
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Go Dee Go !!

Well done :clapping:

Tily Bud
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
You are amazing Dee :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: keep up the good work xx

deeb66
03-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks ladies :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Please don't stop posting about your weight loss Dee as you are helping us too.

Your weight loss is spurring me on to try to lose more

We will never get bored of hearing about it Dee, keep it up, I can't wait for Fridays update :clapping:

Carol xx

deeb66
04-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Carol.....I had a dream about you last night.....well you was in it anyway.

It is too long and complicated to go into but basically I was obviously thinking about that famous cheese sandwich :D

In the end it was chasing me and you never guess who was running after it....yes it was you shouting at the top of your voice that you would eat it!

What on earth was all that about? :laughing: :laughing:

Rubybubbles
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
dee, not been around much, just catching up

you go girl:clapping: :clapping: how fab fab fab are you doing hun well done

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 09:07 AM
No dont stop posting it gives us lot something to aim for knowing that you can do it

Its brilliant Dee and im really proud of you

Love Angel xx

deeb66
09-05-2008, 01:01 PM
It's weigh in day again today!

I got weighed this morning and was really pleased to hear that I had lost 4 1/4 pounds this week.

Taking the total to 41 3/4 pounds

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

crazybones
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Absolutely fabulous Dee.

I hate you. :laughing:

Well done :clapping: :clapping:

manjay
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Well done! You have great determination sticking to this diet

amanda xx

charleyfarley
09-05-2008, 01:11 PM
:clapping: Well done Dee :clapping:

You are doing fantastic and I love to hear about your progress each week.

As for your dream about that cheese sandwich, it shows I'm still up for taking it off your hands :laughing:

I was running after it so it wouldn't catch you up. I didn't want it tempting you

Look forward to hearing how much you have lost next week :clapping:

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM

I got weighed this morning and was really pleased to hear that I had lost 4 1/4 pounds this week.

excellent dee:clapping: :clapping:

emler
09-05-2008, 01:50 PM
:clapping: brilliant, brilliant, brilliant :clapping: You must be chuffed to bits Dee - well done again

Emler x

nell57
09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Well done Dee, you're doing fantastic, cant wait to hear how you've done again next week.:clapping:

My will power is starting to slip a bit, but trying my hardest to get back on track the last couple of days:(

Keep up the good work

Helen

deeb66
09-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies :thumbsup:

In all my excitement I got my figures muddled and have gone backwards as last week I had lost a total of 46 1/2 pounds :laughing:

I have worked it out again and I have lost a total of 50 3/4 pounds

Not sure exactly where I went wrong but it all translates to a loss of 3 stone 8 3/4 pounds

carolinel
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
flippin eck Dee that is incredible!!

Well done!

mjw
09-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Mary

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
That is fantastic Dee

Well done

Angel xx

miffy
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
That is amazing Dee

Well done

miffy xx

Tily Bud
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Thats amazing Dee xx Please keep posting its the first thing i look at when i come on the forum xx

Mollymop
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Whoo dee! that is amazing! You go girl! I bet you are a shadow of yourself now. :clapping:

sue32
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
just rememeber to look and what alovely suprise a smaller Dee:clapping: :clapping: Well done :jump for joy: I can't wait to see you soon if i can recognise you :thumbsup: Keep up all the hard work:thumbsup:

deeb66
16-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Well it's Friday again.

Friday means weigh in day........just got back.

I have lost another 4 1/2 pounds this week

Making a total of 55 1/4 pounds

Which translates to 3/4 pound short of 4 stone!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-033.gif

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 08:55 AM
OMG DEE

Well done

I think I need to do what you are doing

That is so fantastic I bet Nigel and Jack are really proud of you - well done

Love Angel xxx

littletreasures
16-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Well done Dee, you're doing so well.

littletreasures

crazybones
16-05-2008, 10:14 AM
:clapping: Well done. :clapping: Great news :clapping:

mjw
16-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Couldn't wait for the weekly news and its great again.
well done Dee.:clapping:
Maryx

charleyfarley
16-05-2008, 12:20 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done Dee :clapping: :clapping:

You are doing so well and we are so proud and pleased for you

Can't wait for next weeks loss

Carol xx

Lou
16-05-2008, 01:16 PM
That truly is amazing Dee!!!

Well done you are doing so well, you must be so pleased x

sue32
16-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Well done to you:clapping:
well done to you:clapping:
well done to Dee:clapping:
well done to you:thumbsup:

emler
16-05-2008, 01:25 PM
:clapping: fantastic Dee :clapping: You must be chuffed to bits

Emler x

deeb66
16-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks ladies :thumbsup:

Yes I am really pleased.

There is a down side though.....I am running out of clothes to wear :(

I sorted out my wardrobe and got rid of loads and loads of clothes. Threw away anything that was a bit old and worn but loaded sacks and sacks and sent them off to charity. Even last years sandals are too big as the width of my feet has shrunk!

I have virtually no winter clothes left and am surviving on summer clothes that really are a little too big but will have to do for the moment.

Have got a belt for my jeans but will have to give up on them soon as they are really baggy around tops of legs and bum.

Need to buy some new underwear especially bra's as have gone down at least 2 back sizes (probably more like 3) and more than likely 2 cup sizes.

On the up side.......I have got 9 weeks left until my holiday and am really beginning to look forward to it.

That means that I have 7 weeks until I have to re-introduce food again.......If I am honest I am a little apprehensive about that but my Counsellor assures me that I will be fine and with help and support it will be alright.

Anyway.....I have no choice but to continue when I come back from holiday as I won't have any clothes (other than those I buy to go with) to wear when I come home......definately won't have any winter clothes at all!

I have been looking at weather report for this weekend and it doesn't look good :( which is a real bummer as was hoping to get out and about on the bikes again this weekend as got to keep burning that fat and calories :D

miffy
16-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Congratulations Dee - you have done really really well

miffy xx

crazybones
16-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Burn the fat and burn the old clothes. :thumbsup:

nell57
17-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Dee thats fantastic, well done:clapping:

Bet you cant wait go on a shopping spree for clothes

Keep up the good work and keep us posted

Helen

Rubybubbles
20-05-2008, 10:14 AM
dee you are an amazing woman, you have so much strength doing this cd, I am so proud of you, as we all are.

you are truley an inspration to us all:D

well done hun

deeb66
26-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't get a chance to post this on Friday and want to say sorry for not being around very much in the last week but as some of you know my dad was rushed into hospital last Monday.

Even though things have been manic I did manage to go and get weighed on Friday as usual

I was over the moon to dicover that I had lost another 5 pounds making a total of 60 1/4 pounds in total.

I have spent today going through my wardrobe again and trying on clothes and have got rid of another 3 black bags full of clothes.

I have hardly got anything left now and will have to start buying some more......I had hoped to hold off until just before my holiday but it looks like I won't be able to.

I did go and get a couple of pairs of trousers on Friday as Nigel said that I looked ridiculous in the old ones and that I resembled a Russian Cossack as they were so baggy!

nell57
26-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow theres no stopping you Dee, well done:clapping: hope you've been saving your pennies for a shopping spree before you holiday, because you definatly deserve it.

I've been shopping today and bought some trousers a size smaller its a lovely feeling

Helen

sue32
26-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Well done Dee, hope your Dad is feeling better

charleyfarley
26-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Well done Dee :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You are doing so well, what a shopping trip you are going to have.

Hope your Dad is feeling better now

Carol xx

emler
26-05-2008, 05:21 PM
:clapping: well done Dee :clapping: It must be a great feeling going to buy new, smaller clothes.
Glad to hear your dad is home

Emler x

angeldelight
26-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Well done Dee I bet you are looking so much slimmer now

How do you feel are you more confident etc

Angel xx

miffy
26-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Well done Dee - way to go girl :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy xx

ajs
26-05-2008, 05:57 PM
you are amazing dee.
well done for losing so much weight
you must feel so much better

Spangles
26-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I've got an appointment to see a Cambridge Diet person (can't think of the right word!) tomorrow at 3.30!

I'm very excited!

You've done brilliantly Dee!

manjay
26-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Fantastic! Well done Dee.

Lou
26-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Amazing well done Dee, hope your dad is ok xx

Tily Bud
26-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow Dee you are amazing !!!!!!!

please post another photo so we can see the new you xx

deeb66
27-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks ladies....

I must admit I found it really difficult last week what with all the stress and strains I was under with Dad........I was very tempted to turn to my old friend food and stuff my face.

I am quite proud of myself that I didn't and managed to stay strong.......I am beginning to really think that I have broken my addiction to food now!

I've got an appointment to see a Cambridge Diet person (can't think of the right word!) tomorrow at 3.30!

I'm very excited!

You've done brilliantly Dee!

Good luck Lorri......I am sure you will be fine.......don't forget to let us know how you got on!

It will be really good knowing that someone is following the same diet as me as sometimes it can get a little lonely being the only one ;)

The first 2 weeks are the hardest......once you have passed those it should be plain sailing!

Good luck :thumbsup:

Wow Dee you are amazing !!!!!!!

please post another photo so we can see the new you xx

I will try and get Nigel to take a photo this week and post it in the Fattie foto section.........

I haven't got any recent pics as I am constantly trying to dodge the camera........You know what it is like when you are big :rolleyes: :D

Spangles
27-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks Dee.

I have a quick question though!

As it is my birthday next Thursday and I want to go out for a meal as a family would it be easier to start the day after or can you have the odd day when you eat properly? I was just wondering if it makes you ill if you suddenly eat normally again?

Same again happens at the end of June as it will be my dad's 60th and we are going out for a meal to celebrate! I guess there's never going to be a completely good time to do it!

Got to say if the first two weeks are the worst I'm going to need lots of help to make it because that seems like AGES! Ha ha!

deeb66
27-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks Dee.

I have a quick question though!

As it is my birthday next Thursday and I want to go out for a meal as a family would it be easier to start the day after or can you have the odd day when you eat properly? I was just wondering if it makes you ill if you suddenly eat normally again?

Same again happens at the end of June as it will be my dad's 60th and we are going out for a meal to celebrate! I guess there's never going to be a completely good time to do it!

Got to say if the first two weeks are the worst I'm going to need lots of help to make it because that seems like AGES! Ha ha!

Hi Lorri

I would suggest that you start after your birthday celebrations because once you have started it would not be wise to break and eat 'normal' food as it will be like starting again iyswim!

In order for the diet to work....you have to be in a state of 'Ketosis'......this is what gives you the energy that you need to function and also stops you from feeling hungry!

If you eat then you will knock yourself out of Ketosis and will cause you no end of problems including having the strength to go back to the diet.

It takes at least 3 days of being on the plan and drinking the liquid only to get into Ketosis.

Also.....because it is a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) you have to have medical permission to go ahead with it so you will have to make an appointment with your doctor to consult with him/her before you start anyway.

That extra bit of time really does give you time to think and decide if you want to go ahead......so I would definately recommend waiting until after your birthday.

With regards to your dad's birthday celebrations.........I think you have to make the decision what you are going to do about that a bit nearer the time........as you say there really is never a good time to do it...

You need to decide what you want more.

I started on 3rd March and it was my birthday on the 12th........although I knew this and I knew it would be difficult I made the decision to go ahead as I had been putting it off and putting off and thought it was time I grabbed the bull by the horns!

It is my Father-in-laws birthday and my Anniversary this Saturday which is making things really difficult as I can't join the rest of the family celebrations as they are going for a meal.

I have said that I will join them after they have eaten and have a drink with them.......I have agreed to push the boat out and have a glass or two of fizzy water........

I really know how to push the boat out and live dangerously don't I :rolleyes: :laughing:

Spangles
27-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks Dee! Ooh, this is going to be tough!

deeb66
27-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Dee! Ooh, this is going to be tough!

Yes....I have to agree that it is tough to make the decision to start but I am now finding it quite easy now but as I say the first 2 weeks are the hardest!!!

The other thing you could do for your dads birthday is that you could go on the higher calorie plan for that week but you will not be allowed to eat carbohydrates and just have a very small portion of protein (i.e. steak or chicken) and veg or salad.

You can ask the Counsellor about this and she should give you a booklet which explains it all.

No matter what plan you do you are not allowed to drink Alcohol........it is strictly forbidden.

You also cannot drink fruit juices and cokes, lemonades etc.....even if they are the diet version.

You can only drink black tea, black coffee, still or fizzy water!

On a good note they do sell a flavouring that you can put into the water if you want.

You can either have berry or orange....have to say the berry is the better one........but once again it will taste a little weird but you will get used to it!

Spangles
27-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I'll try and get back on later when I get back and let you know what happens!

I'm quite nervous! He he!

Banana
27-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Go Dee!!

You are doing so well !!!!!

xxxxxxxxx

deeb66
27-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks Lana :thumbsup:

Seeing the weekly results is the only thing that is keeping me on the diet........

I have to say that the sacrifices I am making is well worth it with what is now happening to my body....

I am really beginning to see some results now and starting to feel really good about myself....

Don't get me wrong I still have a way to go but by the time I go on holiday in 8 weeks time I will be the lightest weight tht I have been in 13 years!

Before I fell pregnant with Jack I was a size 12/14 but unfortunately suffered with Thyroid problems during the pregnancy and managed to balloon right up........

From the day he was born I have spent that time yo-yoing on one diet or another and getting bored and fed up and end up putting all the weight back on.

I appreciate that I will probably put on some weight when I come off the diet and I will probably battle with the weight the rest of my life but I do know that I will never put all that weight back on again and I will never be that size again.....

If I do I will need shooting :D

This is another reason I am getting rid of all my clothes as I go so that I don't have that comfort zone in knowing that I have bigger clothes to wear.

Once I have got to my goal weight I will be trying to stick to the one size clothes and if they start getting uncomfortable or tight I will have to do something about it as I won't have anything else to wear!

LORRI - You will be absolutely fine........your Counsellor will have been through it all before herself and will be able to be a wonderful support to you......I know mine is!

Do make sure you let me know how you got on as I will be sitting on tenderhooks waiting to hear :thumbsup:

Spangles
27-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi Dee!

Well, I got there eventually - my TomTom was sending me round and round in circles so it took a while to find her!

My counsellor has put me on step 4 which is 1,200 calories a day because I have asthma I'm not allowed to go below this without doctor's say so and that's fine by me.

Plus, I can have a bit of normal food and fizzy drinks! Woohoo! I have to have 4pts of fluids which can include fizzy drinks (zero cal), squashes, tea, coffee but mainly water of course. I can still have a diet coke! Plus, 0.5pt skimmed milk! I'll be sloshing as I walk!

Basically, I will have a CD meal/bar for breakfast, piece of fruit mid-morning, salad for lunch, CD meal for mid-afternoon and a high protein dinner in the evening - i.e. 40g brown rice or 100g baked potato, 175g chicken or turkey, green veg or salad and then a piece of fruit again so all in all it's not toooo bad! A bit different to how I eat now though!! She said some people don't have the mid-morning or afternoon snack and then break up a bar to nibble on in the evening instead - that sounds quite a good idea - as long as they're not gross then that would be just torture!

I've bought the following selection to try:

chocolate/orange bar
peanut bar
chocolate bar

chocolate shake
chocolate/mint shake
strawberry shake
chocolate/orange shake
fruits of the forest shake

oriental chilli soup
spicy tomato soup

I'm not starting until next Friday and I asked about my dad's 60th and she said that's fine I can still go out for the meal, I may not feel like eating what I would normally eat by then but it wouldn't be a problem, I'd just have to understand that for that week and maybe the next I could plateau or put on.

It doesn't sound too bad but of course I've not tried the 'food' yet!

I will let you know how it goes, I will probably really need your help Dee!

emler
27-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Good luck with it Lorri :thumbsup:

Emler x

deeb66
27-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Lorri

Glad you got there eventually :D

You definately are a jammy beggar aren't you :D

One of the main things I missed most when I first started was my fruit and fizzy drinks but at least you will still be able to have them.

Obviously the 1200 plan is not as strict as mine but then I thnk I had more to loose to start with and this is why I chose to go on Sole Source......it was the quick weight loss that I wanted.

I have never tried the bars so you will have to let me know what they are like........if they are ok I might buy some to go on holiday with as a snack.

I really didn't get on with the soups.....I hope you have better luck than me......most Counsellors will change anything you don't like so don't suffer it as it will put you off!

I am glad that you have found a plan that suits you and I wish you all the luck.

Are you going back to be weighed again before you start or are you starting from weight today?

Of course I am always around if you need any help......although I think I will probably be asking you for some soon as I will have to increase my calories in about 6 weeks to get ready for my holiday!

Good luck honey :thumbsup:

Spangles
27-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks Dee.

I'll let you know what the bars are like - I'm dying to try them - bet they're gross! Ha ha!

deeb66
27-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I am hoping they are quite nice as I like the sound of the peanut one as it might stop me from eating nuts when out in the evenings on my hols!

angeldelight
27-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Good luck Lorri

Angel xx

miffy
28-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Good luck Lorri

miffy xx

deeb66
30-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Have just got back from having my hair cut but rushing out again to go and do the shopping......woman's work is never done :rolleyes: :D

I was jumping up and down like a mad woman this morning...........

I have lost another 5 1/2 pounds this week.

Making a total of 4 stone 9 3/4 pounds.

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Omg that is so fantastic Dee well done to you

I will have to call you ....

Disappearing Dee soon haha

Angel xx

Spangles
30-05-2008, 12:36 PM
That's fantastic! Well done! You must be so chuffed! Wow!

You're getting me all excited! Ha ha!

emler
30-05-2008, 12:40 PM
OMG Dee that's fantastic. I can't believe how well you are doing. You don't ever seem to have a week where you stay the same weight or lose half a pound lol. Its brilliant you must be chuffed to bits - well done you

Emler x

Rubybubbles
31-05-2008, 08:53 AM
dee your doing so well! where are the photos?

charleyfarley
31-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm just catching up as I was out yesterday

That's fantastic Dee :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

You are doing so well, you put me to shame, not sticking to a diet :blush:

I really wish I was as strong as you, you have done so well already.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Think you deserve a round of applause, keep it up

Carol xx

deeb66
01-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks very much ladies :thumbsup:

dee your doing so well! where are the photos?

I still haven't got around to taking any.....problem is I am still camera shy!

I will try to get some done this week and put them in the Fatties Foto section.

Rubybubbles
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks very much ladies :thumbsup:

I still haven't got around to taking any.....problem is I am still camera shy!

I will try to get some done this week and put them in the Fatties Foto section.

do you want me to put my ever increasing weight gain ones on lol:eek:

miffy
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Only just seen this Dee

Congratulations - you're shrinking fast :clapping:

miffy xx

Mollymop
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Well done!!! We are all so proud of you

Only prob - i am not allowed to see the photos as I haven't got a password, can I still see them though please, as I need your pics for inspiration:thumbsup:

:clapping:

deeb66
02-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Well done!!! We are all so proud of you

Only prob - i am not allowed to see the photos as I haven't got a password, can I still see them though please, as I need your pics for inspiration:thumbsup:

:clapping:

I will post some in full members area too and then you will be able to see them.....

......that's if i ever get around to having them done that is :D

Nix
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
OMG well done Dee

Wish I had that will power...

Nix,x

Trouble
02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
well done to you

youll give us all inspiration, you should feel very proud of yourself:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

oakie dokie
03-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Dee, just catching up! your weight loss is fantastic. iv not been on properly because of hols and nvq work. you are doing fantastic and I'm so envious of you will power. go girl keep up the good work:clapping:

hazelx

FizzysFriends
04-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I would love to do this, its just too expensive for me though. May be if I saved up for 3 months worth?

How long are you on it for?

Spangles
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm gutted, I'm not going to be able to CD now because I won't be able to go and see my counsellor.

Darren has pre-deployment training in a few weeks and then he's off for six months to Iraq so because I work full-time now and I have my little boy I can't see her either during the day or in the evening!

I'm going to e-mail her in a little while and hope that she can take my stock back and I can have a refund because there's no point me doing it for a week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more bothered about Darren going than the CD but it's such a pain, I was all geared up for it and supposed to be starting tomorrow! Back to trying WW again for me although I find that sooooo boring!

Never mind!

deeb66
06-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I would love to do this, its just too expensive for me though. May be if I saved up for 3 months worth?

How long are you on it for?

It isn't really that expensive when you think about it.

It costs £35 per week but you won't be buying any other food if you stick to 'Sole Source'.

When you break that down even further it is £5 per day or £1.67 per meal.

I think it is very reasonable........the only thing I buy on top is a coupl bottles of fizzy water a week and the flavouring that I put into it.

I have been on it for 12 weeks and plan to continue until I am down to goal weight.

I am due to go on holiday in 6 weeks time so will obviously be eating then and plan to return to it when I come home.

deeb66
06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm gutted, I'm not going to be able to CD now because I won't be able to go and see my counsellor.

Darren has pre-deployment training in a few weeks and then he's off for six months to Iraq so because I work full-time now and I have my little boy I can't see her either during the day or in the evening!

I'm going to e-mail her in a little while and hope that she can take my stock back and I can have a refund because there's no point me doing it for a week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more bothered about Darren going than the CD but it's such a pain, I was all geared up for it and supposed to be starting tomorrow! Back to trying WW again for me although I find that sooooo boring!

Never mind!

That is such a shame Lorri.

I would definately contact your Councellor......she may come up with another plan which would help you.

Good luck

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Well Lorri my friend used to have her councellor come out to her

Maybe yours could do the same if you really have your heart set on doing this

You could always ask her

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
It isn't really that expensive when you think about it.

It costs £35 per week but you won't be buying any other food if you stick to 'Sole Source'.

When you break that down even further it is £5 per day or £1.67 per meal.

I think it is very reasonable........the only thing I buy on top is a coupl bottles of fizzy water a week and the flavouring that I put into it.

I have been on it for 12 weeks and plan to continue until I am down to goal weight.

I am due to go on holiday in 6 weeks time so will obviously be eating then and plan to return to it when I come home.

You are right, I will only have to buy food for my DD them, which should save me quite a bit.

I have contacted a counseller and I will be going to see her on Thursday.

Will let you know how I get on.

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
You are right, I will only have to buy food for my DD them, which should save me quite a bit.

I have contacted a counseller and I will be going to see her on Thursday.

Will let you know how I get on.

Good luck.......I hope it all goes well and yes do let me know how you get on.

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:07 AM
I have had a really busy couple of days getting everything ready for Surrey's Conference hence the reason I didn't get on to post weight loss this week.

I did manage to get weighed as normal on Friday and pleased to say that I have lost another 3 3/4 pounds.

I have lost a total of 4 stone 13 1/2 pounds in exactly 3 months.....was a bit of a shame that I hadn't lost that other 1/2 pound and it would have been 5 stone in 3 months but needless to say that I am extremely happy.

Have had some piccies taken so will upload them when Nigel manages to get our main computer (has all the photo software on) fixed.

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Its really good reading your weightloss, if I go nearly as good as you then I will be really happy as nothing else has worked so far and I think not eating solids will break the habbit of grabbing food when its not needed and sometimes not even wanted.

What is your target weightloss? Mine is 6 stone.

emler
08-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Fantastic Dee :clapping: well done again :clapping:
Emler x

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Its really good reading your weightloss, if I go nearly as good as you then I will be really happy as nothing else has worked so far and I think not eating solids will break the habbit of grabbing food when its not needed and sometimes not even wanted.

What is your target weightloss? Mine is 6 stone.

I am only half way there!

Still got a long way to go to get to ideal weight :D

miffy
08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Well done Dee

miffy xx

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Im not planning on getting to what the doctor says is my ideal weight because it seems too low to me, may be I will change my mind when im nearer to it?

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
I just take it one stone at a time.

To think about the end goal is far too daunting.

I have to start eating again in just under 3 weeks as I have to prepare my stomach to accept food as going on holiday in 5 1/2 weeks time.

I have no illusions that I will probably put on weight when I am on holiday especially as it is an all inclusive holiday!

I will try to be sensible but also want to have a good time but am planning to go back straight onto Cambridge Sole Source as soon as I get home.

I know that will be a difficult time and hope that I manage to find the strength to do it again as the first 2 weeks is hard!

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Im expecting it to be really tough as I eat as a comfort thing and I will no longer be able to do that.

The idea of starting it now is my boss is away for the next 6 weeks so its easier to finish work early if I feel rough. The counseller said to expect head aches and feeling crap for the first 2-5 days.

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh boy yes!

I felt like cr*p for a couple of days.

Felt like I had no energy, it was hard to function and I had the worst headache I have ever had.

I think a lot of my problems were caffeine withdrawal.

I used to drink a lot of coffee and coke.......although it was diet coke it still had the caffeine in.

When you go on Sole Source (SS) you are not allowed milk or to drink any coke etc even diet coke :eek:

I didn't like black coffee so stopped drinking it all together and what with having no coke either I went into caffeine withdrawal in a big way.

Lets just say I learnt to drink at least 3 cups of black coffee a day whether I like it or not as it stops the caffeine headache at least.

After 3 months I have got used to black coffee now but still only try and limit to 2-3 a day maximum.

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I dont drink anything hot, fizzy or cows milk so hope it wont be too bad. They have some soya products im told. But I hate water on its own and only drink orange squash, do you know if thats allowed?

deeb66
08-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Not on Sole Source it's not :(

However they do sell flavourings that you can put into water......either berry or orange.

I think the berry one is the best.

They don't usually recommend you using it for the first 2 weeks though but in your circumstances you might have to.

I am lucky that I love water anyway and have always drank loads and loads of it so it hasn't caused me any problems.

Yes they do have specific soya packets........talk to your counsellor about them.

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
As im going to put 110% into this I will start on just water and see if I can get used to it. If I can't after a couple of weeks I will see about getting the flavouring.

deeb66
08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
As im going to put 110% into this I will start on just water and see if I can get used to it. If I can't after a couple of weeks I will see about getting the flavouring.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

I drink tap water throughout the day but as a treat (and for something a little different) I drink a couple of glasses of fizzy water with the flavourings........I find that it really helps........

It gives me something to look forward to in the evening. :D

Mollymop
08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Well done Dee!