PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about tomorrow :(

Mrs_F
18-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm a bit worried about my vetting tomorrow, but will tell the whole story underneath.

Following the birth of my daughter in 2008, I suffered PND which was diagnosed when she was 1month old but wasn't treated, I moved away the same year and struggled abit as my husband wasn't really helping me with the baby so I saw a CPN who said I was suffering with exhaustion, after a while I got back on track and was fine until I lost 3 family members and suffered a miscarriage (within 3 months), my hubby was sent away for 3 months and I was struggling to cope with everything that had happened, and went completely depressed, was referred back to the CPN who after seeing for a few weeks said I was much better and he could sign me off, my daughter wasn't a very good sleeper and I was surviving on 2 hours sleep which made me miserable, as I had no help from friends/family, living in a foreign country and barely knew anyone, spoke to the hv who asked if she could get social services to contact me, so I agreed. Social services came out to see if they could help me in any way, but she said I was coping fine, and they wouldn't need to see me again or help me in anyway (that was the end of last year). I've been fine since, have lots of new friends, my daughter gioes to bed at 7:30pm and gets up at 7am so I'm sleeping better and genuinely loving my life now, what I am worried about is how will this affect my childminding application and checks?

WibbleWobble
18-04-2010, 08:39 AM
dont worry....i have had PND with both my girls and other stuff that would make your toes curl.(find me someone on here who hasnt had a sticky time in their lives) and i was terrified that MRS O would think i was crackers but she didnt even mention it! My GP had to give a bit more info to Ofsted when requested and that sent me into a real tiz....and i have the threads to prove it! and there was nothing to worry about in the end.

Be honest with the person coming to see you. You have nothing to hide. It will have made you a better and more empathic person!

good luck

i send you all my love

big hugs

mandy xxxxx

Mookins
18-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I suffered with deppression as a teen after my sister died bit paranoid about that but i know if they need any questions answered i can do it with a clear head and so can you nothing to worry about:)

x x x

The Juggler
18-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I think the fact that you sought advice for yourself and that SS thought you didn't need them speaks volumes. Also you sound very sorted now. You may end up having an extra assessment but that will just prove how well you are doing now hon.x

caz3007
18-04-2010, 11:20 AM
When I registered, I had also been treated for depression and saw my doctors report. Mine was due to PND and having a violent ex hubby. I wrote a covering letter explaining why I suffered from the depression and that I was now far removed from the violence situation and no one queried it at all.

I got myself all worked up about it.

Mrs_F
18-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys, you've all made me feel alot better about it, will let you know how it goes x

Hebs
18-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I suffered with deppression as a teen after my sister died bit paranoid about that but i know if they need any questions answered i can do it with a clear head and so can you nothing to worry about:)

x x x

i tried to OD as a teenager, was in hospital 2 weeks, they did ask about it but was reg no problem

i also had 2 bouts of PND with both my kids :D

it's life, we all have our ups and downs, just be honest from the start to show them you have nothing to hide :thumbsup: