PDA

View Full Version : getting my partner registered

codieno1
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
hi everyone
was just wondering how i go about getting my partnered registered so he can lend a hand !!! after reading a few threads on the site i thought he would be better registered as to being my assistant.
any advice welcome !! by the way im in northern ireland:laughing:

buildingblocks
12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
For him to be registered he will need to go through the same process as yourself. Briefing session, ICP, First Aid.

I decided that route for my hubby rather than an assistant as he is often around for odd days althoguh that will change after Christmas when he will be doing shift work.

To be an assistant just requires the CM2 form (I think) but it depends on where you are as to if they can be left with the children. In my case it means I will be aboe to attend trainings and he can be left in charge of hte children (I have been having to take Fridays and Saturday once a month off to do a training and the paretns have had to find alternative care whereas with Gary registered he could have took a day off work with pay and been paid for looking after the mindees as it is I lost two days money,

hope that makes sense

Tily Bud
13-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi

My husband has just registered as my assistant all he had to do was fill in the cm2 form and return it to ofsted.
They ok'd everything without seeing or speaking to him, then said I just needed to write in requesting that it be put on my certificate that I work with an assiatant and that he can be left in sole charge ( with parent's prior written permission ) as I was due my inspection a few weeks later i didnt bother with the letter and spoke to my inspector instead - she sorted it out there and then .

Hope this helps x
Cheryl x

angeldelight
13-12-2007, 10:33 PM
My daughter is registered and yes he would have to do everything the same as you did

A lot of people do find it easier for their partner to be their assistant rather than register

My daughter wanted to be a childminder in her own right though

I suppose it would depend on yourself

Good luck with whatever you decide if you do go for the assistant side of things you will get some good advice from everyone here

Angel xx

Blaze
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I have just looked at the NCMA handbook re assistants as my hubby is looking at being mine, but it says I will need to pay him £5.52 per hour...that's more than I earn & have to pay sickness etc....does this really legally appy if he's my hubby? I take it I also need employer insurance etc...does anyne know the pros & cons re him being my assistant or registering himself?
Tasha:)

sarah707
11-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Nothing to add codieno1 ...

Except to say - welcome to the forum! x

emmadines
26-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Ive registared my o/h as an assistant for 2 reasons really

1. sometimes a hand comes in useful!!
2. he will get any legal cover if he gets accused of n e thing!

I like all eventualities to be covered! you dont know how disgrutled parents could react!

cm2 form apparently is all thats needed!

Pauline
26-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Ive registared my o/h as an assistant for 2 reasons really

1. sometimes a hand comes in useful!!
2. he will get any legal cover if he gets accused of n e thing!

I like all eventualities to be covered! you dont know how disgrutled parents could react!

cm2 form apparently is all thats needed!

He will also need to do an enhanced CRB but Ofsted will send all that to you.

Good luck, like you say extra hands help! :)

Twinkles
26-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I've decided to get my husband and daughter registered as my assistants.
Do you think assistants qualify for a bursary for their first aid ?

sarah707
26-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I've decided to get my husband and daughter registered as my assistants.
Do you think assistants qualify for a bursary for their first aid ?

Depends on where you live... we have to pay for our first aid courses in Cheshire now :(

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Here in N. Lincs Gary couldn't get any help with courses (in fact unable to attend some) if only an assistant but fully registered can obviously claim

elaineg
02-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I wanted my parents to be my emergency contacts as they have both retired now and they are known to the parents and children. Ofsted told me to get them to fill in cm2 forms and put them on my certificate as assistants.

love Elaine XXX

brillminder
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
maybe he has his crb already that will speed things up remember to log down times when he is working may be on your register so you can prove your numbers too :)

brillminder
06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
i forgot to say i have recently registered an assistant so i can go over my number allowing me 5 under 5 all siblings 2 families for a short term didn't take too long but not started yet its may till july will let you know how it goes :)

Pauline
06-02-2008, 07:34 PM
i forgot to say i have recently registered an assistant so i can go over my number allowing me 5 under 5 all siblings 2 families for a short term didn't take too long but not started yet its may till july will let you know how it goes :)

Yes we find it great for things like that, we can have 8 under 8's, with 5 of them being under 5's and 2 under 1's when working together.

Makes it easier when there are crossovers for part timers.

Pauline
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
maybe he has his crb already that will speed things up remember to log down times when he is working may be on your register so you can prove your numbers too :)

and also, if you have been allowed for the assistant to have sole care, that needs to be recorded too - times and dates for each of you.

codieno1
20-10-2008, 10:28 AM
thanks guys ur help is most needed lol

im in northern ireland mayb some things will be different for me

am i best to employ him or let him be self employed
im thinking self employed cause then he does his own tax an stuff an as some people has already stated we charge less than the minimum wage so i would be paying him more than me oh this is so melting my head haha

Minstrel
20-10-2008, 10:52 AM
You wouldnt really be paying him more than yourself as i presume if you need an assistant then you are caring for more than one child.
As an employer you only need pay him £5.52 per hour regardless on number of children.
So if you charge £4 per hour per child say with 4 children = £16 per hour that you wll be earning.

hope this makes sense x

codieno1
20-10-2008, 10:56 AM
yeah ur rite that makes more sense !!! but as an employee then i would have to pay his tax ni holiday pay etc
would he not be better as his own employer an go self employed do his own tax an ni ?

Minstrel
20-10-2008, 11:24 AM
personally yes i think i would make them go down the self employed route.

cloud9
21-10-2008, 03:59 PM
My hubby is with me and i did the self employed route with him.