PDA

View Full Version : crying at the door!

charliegee
17-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello all

hope you're enjoying the weekend!

just wondering if you could help / give advise on something

I look after H for two and a bit days a week

I've had H coming to me since just before Christmas - always happy child, always enjoyed their time with me - lots of smiles etc BUT...

recently at drop off they've started screaming blue murder when the parent trys to walk them inside to childminding at my house at drop off in the morning- like the child doesn't want to come it! :(

makes me sad as I've been wracking my brains and NOTHING is different with me / my home - no more new mindees - no change in decoration - no change in what we do and with what little one has always (up to now) really enjoyed

only thing that has happened is that child has got older!

I'm not sure what to do about it - child is okay about saying goodbye to parent and always runs away from parent when it is time to go home at the end of the day but I just feel really bad and hate not having it like it used to be....little one coming it (running in!) full of smiles and a cuddle for me!

has anyone else had this?

This child is just turned two

x

auntym
17-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes I have. A couple of babes I cared for inc one now hit a stage at about 2 to 3 where all of a sudden they cry when mum leaves. It comes from no where. And i was wondering why? What had I done? But now I realise its an age thing. As they are fine within minutes of mum going. I wouldnt worry hon, I think we have all experienced this x

AliceK
17-04-2010, 05:04 PM
How strange I have just had exactly the same thing with a 2yr old I care for. She comes to me for 2 mornings a week and right from the word go she has been fine with mum leaving and has never got upset. She is a very quiet girl and very intelligent and advanced. Anyway she came on Monday and mum said she had been ill over the weekend and very clingy. She started to cry and this got progressively worse to the point that I called mum just to say she was upset but no need to come early just didn't want mum to turn up and me have to tell her that her DD had spent the last 2 hrs crying. Anyway mum came early to pick her up. Personally I think she was still unwell, she felt very hot but when I took her temp it was fine. Anyway she came again on Friday and as soon as mum handed her over to me she started crying. I sat down on the sofa with her and myself and my DD and DS and we all started to look at some books and she stopped crying within less than 2 mins and was fine the rest of the time although quieter than usual. I put it down to her not feeling 100% as I wasn't aware that they go thro a SA stage at this age. But saying that my DD is very clingy with me at the moment. She wants to come to the loo with me and she won't go in the garden unless I go with her. She's 2 and half.

xxxxxxx

The Juggler
17-04-2010, 05:09 PM
yes, me too with a little girl who did this from about 2 1/2 to now (nearly 3). Funnily enough she was hard to settle for first few weeks as a baby too. I think it's more about leaving mum than being here, if you see what I mean.