PDA

View Full Version : One off favour for a friend?

BlondeMoment
16-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Just thought I'd see what the general idea is on this one as I am new to childminding and don't want t be caught out or get into trouble.
My friend asked me the other day if she can leave her little girl with me for an hour or so while she takes her dog to the vet. It's a one off and I wouldn't dream of asking my friend for money for doing a simple favour that she'd do me anytime. I'd still be well within my ratios. It seems really daft that now I am a childminder I'd have to make my friend fill out a full contract and record forms etc for a one off? Does anyone know what the rules would be with something like this?

sweets
16-04-2010, 09:20 PM
if she is not paying you then she is not a minded child so no contract or anything needed :thumbsup: just make sure you still stay within your numbers tho and always have a contact number.

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 09:21 PM
is she of similar age to your own child/children? if so the child is round for a play with your own children without putting you over your numbers and it is for less than 2 hours in any one day. you are fine to help out your friend.

auntym
16-04-2010, 09:23 PM
As long as shes not a "minded" child and dosnt put you over your numbers then shes a mate, not a prob xx

BlondeMoment
16-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys! :thumbsup: Would be awful if I had to turn around and say "no, things like that aren't ok anymore". So much red tape with everything now that I'm afraid to breathe. Lets hope whoever gets in power reduces some of this "red tape"
:D

auntym
17-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I know its so hard! I care for my nephew and feel so mean sometimes when he says, can my friend come play today please, and I have to say no. My sis dosnt quite get why as she thinks as im not gettin paid for his mate it dont count. Wont be so bad when hes older :)

aly
17-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I did it recently i owuld have been over my numbers but luckily my mindee was away so i could take this friends 2 little ones.

As I wasn;t sure if it would be over 2 hours as she wanted to pay me I did a contract for her to sign {just in case}

But in the end told her I didnt want paying it was 2 hours just about and the girls were fab.....so she vrought me flowers instead as a thank you.

I am keeping her contract as ad hoc though in case she needs me again and I am covered.

:thumbsup:

p.s mindee who was away is another firneds dd and as much as i love her like my daughter i would never ever take another friends child non again as it gets in the way..