PDA

View Full Version : advertising on facebook

selena 31
16-04-2010, 08:56 PM
just woundered if any of you advertised on facebook and had a childminding group or fan page to drum up some buisness?

was wanting to start advertising as to get some enquiries before i registered had ofsted inspection so just waiting now, and will be leaving my job in a nursery so need to earn some ****** and hopefully have children lined up!

do any of you start advertisng before getting your registration certificate obviously i wont be lookng after any children untill it does!:clapping:

so glad i found this forum:laughing: :laughing:

francinejayne
17-04-2010, 07:32 PM
just woundered if any of you advertised on facebook and had a childminding group or fan page to drum up some buisness?

was wanting to start advertising as to get some enquiries before i registered had ofsted inspection so just waiting now, and will be leaving my job in a nursery so need to earn some ****** and hopefully have children lined up!

do any of you start advertisng before getting your registration certificate obviously i wont be lookng after any children untill it does!:clapping:

so glad i found this forum:laughing: :laughing:

Hi,
I advertised before I was registered and told prospective parents where I was at in the registration process (I only registered once my CRBs were in process).
Word of warning though, me and my friend had a week between our CRBs being put in the system. I got my certificate through mid Feb, my friend is still waiting for her CRBs!! She has lost mindees as her registration hasn't come through as soon as she thought it would, I was lucky!
I haven't used Facebook (I know some on here do), I think childcare.co.uk (with full membership so I can pro-actively contact parents) is brilliant!!!
Good luck!

cuddlybunny38
18-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I have just made a page, dont know if it will do any good though. A fellow minder did and I though it was a good idea. x

Fabby
18-04-2010, 12:45 PM
im a bit unsure weather to do a page or not..........

It is a free way of advertising which is all good but i am unsure how people would take to it. I am 50/50 as to weather it looks professional iyswim

francinejayne
18-04-2010, 03:37 PM
im a bit unsure weather to do a page or not..........

It is a free way of advertising which is all good but i am unsure how people would take to it. I am 50/50 as to weather it looks professional iyswim

I agree with that which is why I've avoided facebook with anything to do with my minding - though I do have an album of cakes I make on my facebook page saying 'if anyone wants a cake making just get in touch', but I think child minding is a different thing altogether! Nothin against anyone that has advertised on facebook, it just isn't for me.