PDA

View Full Version : family info services

happy days
16-04-2010, 06:43 PM
hello
just looked at our new local infomation site, and on my page it has my ofsted inspection grade on it! which is ok but if your a person who say has a satisfactory or worse lol then it might put people of! i think its a bit unfair for them to publish it. Does anyone elses publish theirs?
gabi

Shirlwith3
17-04-2010, 07:07 AM
After reading your post I thought I'd look to see if my details are on & guess what I am going to have to call yet again as they have a few things wrong like my phone number on the first page but is you go to additional contact details it has the right phone number it asl says I have 2 spaces for 5-7yrs but I have 2 spaces for 0-5yrs.
So you know what I'll be doign monday morning

kentcfis
19-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi All,
Just to help a bit further with this one;

if your contact details are incorrect you will have to inform OfSTED who will in turn inform your local Family Information Service (FIS) - until OfSTED alter their records in a data feed they supply your local FIS with they will be unable to alter your contact details.

in regards to publication of the OfSTED inspection grading FIS are required to publish this under statute - page 3

www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/pdf/uksi_20073490_en.pdf

(n) information about the most recent inspection by the Chief Inspector of the childcare in respect of which that person is registered, including information as to how to obtain a copy of any report made by the Chief Inspector in relation to that inspection;

As FIS are required to upload OfSTED data to the national website and the inspection grade forms part of the upload - FIS are also not allowed to make any alterations to OfSTED data; so this does mean that if OfSTED supply incorrect information to the FIS the FIS have to accept the information supplied to them.

should you want to get in touch with OfSTED... http://ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/Contact-us