PDA

View Full Version : Variation query

ninagee
16-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I have received an urgent enquiry for just two weeks of childcare starting next Monday. Unfortunately on the two Thursdays I will be over my numbers by one between 10am and 2pm. I am registered for only 2 children in the EYFS and both of my own children will be at school.

I have not had my first inspection yet and I understand that they will need to visit me before they even consider this variation. I don't think I will get the variation at such short notice and it may not occur again. I have spoken to OFSTED and all they said was to send the variation form with all the details.

My query is: if I can have another childminder with her mindees and under her numbers at my house over these specific hours would that be OK? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Nina :)

Twinklestars
16-04-2010, 01:22 PM
my variation took 4 weeks and that was urgent!! keep chasing them though it took them 4 working days to log in and then they say most are dealt with in 14 working days if you don't need a visit - I didn't have a visit but could have as I haven't had my first inspection either