PDA

View Full Version : Volcanic Ash Policy?

Mouse
16-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Reports are now saying that if the ash starts to fall, we should stay inside as much as possible.

Do I need a policy in case I can't do school runs :ROFL1: :joker:

Fabby
16-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Mine is already done :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sfox2003
16-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Is this for just people who live in Scotland? Its worse there isnt it?

sweets
16-04-2010, 12:45 PM
ive ordered some masks and am going to make the children wear them at all times when we are out :laughing: :laughing:

clorogue
16-04-2010, 01:00 PM
If anyone has a policy - what have you said? Thanks.

aly
16-04-2010, 01:04 PM
isn't this going a bit far now?

My friend who does live in scotland has said there are cars that are already covered in it....not sure exactly where she is though.

sweets
16-04-2010, 01:07 PM
thris thread is cracking me up now :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

do people honestly think we need a policy for this?:laughing:

cabby
16-04-2010, 01:14 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Pipsqueak
16-04-2010, 01:24 PM

ohh..... you mean I have to rip mine up??????:ohdear: :ohdear:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

helenlc
16-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Thank God its not just me!!!!!:laughing:

Heaven Scent
16-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes we do need it - it and it should be filed with your - Sahara Dust and Factory emissions Policies - you know behind your Car & Aircraft emissions ones and in the same folder as your Sand storm, Tornado and Hail Stone Policies.

Gosh you lot should be ashamed of yourselves - I did mine the moment I heard about it and if anyone thinks I'm sharing my hard work then they have another thing coming to them!!!!!

- See no smilies in this post - its all written with a very straight face.

Fabby
16-04-2010, 01:59 PM

cabby
16-04-2010, 02:04 PM
i cant you all havent got one done and ready :panic: :panic: ive had mine done since last year...just in case:D

Toothfairy
16-04-2010, 02:08 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Mouse
16-04-2010, 02:13 PM

Did I not put enough :ROFL1: and :joker: in the origional thread :laughing: :laughing: ;)

TheBTeam
16-04-2010, 02:36 PM
No not more paperwork to do, just got my HQS audit to do, got my SEF still to do and got a blooming consultation thing to look at, and my learning journals still to do, going to go and do them now!

wendywu
16-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Having just got back from Pompeii i am well up on this.

I have already told my mindees that thousands of years from now people will be looking at plaster casts of them both fighting over the same handbag from the dressing up box. :laughing:

caz3007
16-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Having just got back from Pompeii i am well up on this.

I have already told my mindees that thousands of years from now people will be looking at plaster casts of them both fighting over the same handbag from the dressing up box. :laughing:

Sounds like my house :jump for joy: :laughing: :jump for joy:

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Volcanic Ash Policy

In order to protect your children from any falling ash, grit, glass and polluted air I plan to wrap them all in in cotton wool with facial masks that I gained from world war II in the hope they they are still up to the current standards and regulations.
If Parents are concerned about the use of the older masks feel free to purchase your own, your child/children will beneift greatly by wearing them as you transport your children to my setting.
due to the expense of cotton wool there will be a fee increase of £45.00 a day whilst the government decides when it is safe to continue on as normal. Please refer to all other existing policies when announcements have been made for the all clear.
all children will be transported to other settings safely waering cottonwool and masks at all times. These will be removed upon arrival. Please check other settings you may use for their new policy on how they plan to keep your children safe. Once I have handed over your children to either yourselves or another setting they are no longer my responsability therefore I take no blame for any inhilation of any kind whilst out of my care. My register is completed to the exact second a child leaves my care with signatures from all parents at the end of each working hour.

Feel free to disuss any concerns you have regarding this policy with me.
For further information please call your Governemnt on 0666606666066666, select options:2 then 4 then 6 followed by option 9 and fianlly option 1, this will take you to the crisis call center. Average calls take 15 mintues at £100.00 a minute.

Additional notes:
I plan to provide as much outdoor play as possible but require help to purchase a new gazebo with mesh sides that prevent any ash from entering the play area. Donations are being accepted, the actual cost of such a large essential item will be around £70000.00. (This should help me to pay of my credit card too but delete this before printing)

jo f
16-04-2010, 04:20 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
16-04-2010, 04:27 PM
well I am sorry but I think its awful that you lot are making light of this and I can tell (sternly waggling my finger at you all) that you are poking fun at what is an extremely serious matter don't you know.

Policies and contingency plans should be up and running and you should all have practised with the children what to do in such a grave event.

Not to mention you should have all done some planning around volcano's to incorporate this momentous occurance - I am sure all the children are chomping at the bit to explore this natural phenomena.

:p :laughing: :p :p :p :D

FussyElmo
16-04-2010, 04:38 PM
oooohhh so we can go and let play in larva - my children will behave :laughing:

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 05:00 PM
well I am sorry but I think its awful that you lot are making light of this and I can tell (sternly waggling my finger at you all) that you are poking fun at what is an extremely serious matter don't you know.

Policies and contingency plans should be up and running and you should all have practised with the children what to do in such a grave event.

Not to mention you should have all done some planning around volcano's to incorporate this momentous occurance - I am sure all the children are chomping at the bit to explore this natural phenomena.

well actually ... my own kiddies wanna make volcanos tomorrow so gonna set it up for them see how it all goes then repeat it all again in the wk for the afterschoolies

thinkin cones of paper covering a plastic bottle with something that fizzes up and spews out so there ......... fully covered with a kinda plan in action LOL

flora
16-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Heaven Scent
16-04-2010, 05:12 PM

I sincerely hope you have merely forgotten to exempt me from this rant of yours as you can clearly see from the tone of my post that I have taken the matter very seriously indeed and take great exception to the idea that you are including me in this.

Pipsqueak
16-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I sincerely hope you have merely forgotten to exempt me from this rant of yours as you can clearly see from the tone of my post that I have taken the matter very seriously indeed and take great exception to the idea that you are including me in this.

absolutely Heaven - I appauld you for your very mature and reasonable approach to this catasrophie:clapping:

ps - bicarb and vinegar makes a great volcano (do it outside though or on a tray, it can be messy). you could colour the bicarb with red's, yellows to make it larva like

my kids make volcanos all round the garden - leaving me to clean up the mess

ajs
16-04-2010, 05:38 PM
well actually ... my own kiddies wanna make volcanos tomorrow so gonna set it up for them see how it all goes then repeat it all again in the wk for the afterschoolies

thinkin cones of paper covering a plastic bottle with something that fizzes up and spews out so there ......... fully covered with a kinda plan in action LOL

make a plastacine volcano and put bicarbonate of soda in it and vinegar
fantastic

TheBTeam
16-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I do plan to take this seriously, but if it is like the rest of my planning it might never happen!:rolleyes:

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 07:42 PM
ta much pip and aj .... i knew someone would tell me what i need lol

i was thinking of them dentel tablets .. they used to fizz when grandad used them.

hmm BT when you get round to it let me know, i'm still on holiday and refuse to do any work including reading that email ........ well i did kinda skim read it and decided it can wait till i am officially back at work. (too much to read and take in at one go!)

wendywu
16-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Just went outside and got hit on the head with a frozen lasagne, prawn ring and a chocolate gateaux.

Must be the fall out from Iceland. :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 07:46 PM
oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I made a huge booboo in my policiy too ..........

I forgot to mention that at no time will mindees be taken onboard a plane thus being unable to give the mindees the oppurtunity to fly. This is the parents role not mine and to inform me of when this is complete including snippets, pics, postit notes and voice recordings so i can ensure that the travel, communication, and knowledge of the world can all be ticked off on the eyfs chart!

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Just went outside and got hit on the head with a frozen lasagne, prawn ring and a chocolate gateaux.

had that as a text earlier ... had to read it several times before i understood it!

Pipsqueak
16-04-2010, 07:47 PM

PMSL:laughing: :clapping:

a..n..d...... that is why mums go to Iceland

helenlc
16-04-2010, 08:32 PM
To make a quick volcano - Mentoes in Diet Coke Has to be Mentoes and has to be proper Diet Coke - they did it on This Morning the other year and tried all combinations of mints and coke!!:D

Nikki76
16-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Fantastic ideas....just shows you with a little imagination everything is educational....:)

auntym
16-04-2010, 08:49 PM
waaaah lmao. That was fab, especially the £45 increase per day for cotton wool, its ****** enough with ohh hang on what was suppose to get reallllly bad over winter was it.............swine flu??????

polly0
16-04-2010, 08:51 PM
That made my day:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

little_gems
16-04-2010, 08:52 PM
i have to say reading all of this has had me in stitches :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

sandy64
17-04-2010, 07:27 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ZoeAlli
17-04-2010, 08:42 PM
had that as a text earlier ... had to read it several times before i understood it!

Bless you!!
Have read this post and relayed some to my DH- so funny!!!
Love the iceland fall-out and the policies. I thought I might use bubble-wrap, leaving the head clear of course but make sure they had a dust mask!!!
:laughing: :laughing: