PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Buys???

maisiemog
16-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I can finally go shopping for toys and resources now I have a mindee! Any suggestions??? Have got about £200 to spend. Need to get stuff like gloves, hand towels and travel first aid kit but should still have a fair bit to spend on fun stuff!

Mindee is 3yr old girl. What sort of things would she be likely to enjoy? All I got out of mum and her was that she likes dora and outdoor play!

Fabby
16-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I would buy lots of crafts to begin with. Loads of paints, paper, crayons etc etc. In the meantime you can join the children's centre and maybe loan some toys from them whilst you get a collection together.

The majority of the toys i have (and i have a lot) have all been donated to me. I put a message on my facebook page and also message on netmums for anyone who was doing sort outs to pass them onto me and not the charity shop :blush: I have spent a fair bit on crafts though. You can print off printables from websites so dont worry about colouring books as such but just get lots of paper/card etc
HTH

Graham
16-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Lots of stuff in our CHILDMINDERS SHOP (http://www.childmindingforum.co.uk/shop/) have a good look round and if you do buy anything the commission we get from Amazon is used to help fund the running costs of this forum.

angiemog
16-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Aqua draw would be great for a 3 year old..... all my mindees love them. :clapping:

margaret
16-04-2010, 03:50 PM
car boot for anything dora and make up storysack ,sandpit,shells ,shiny pebbles

cas2805
16-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Puzzles, they always go down well and you can usually find an assortment in the charity shops. Also I got some used ones off ebay!:)

Chell
16-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Toy tea set and play food (ours was from Boots). Our toy kitchen is well played with by all ages, girls and boys.

crazyhazy
16-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I have a 3yr old girl and my first mindee is the same age too, at the moment they are loving playing out doors, we've just got a little golf set from elc which is a big hit, along with the scooter and ride ons. Indoors they love role play so anything like kitchen toys, dolls, dr set etc goes down well, as do books and then anything crafty!