PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 yr olds..

Jelly Baby
16-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok sure/hope i'm worrying over nothing but just wanted some advice.

As some of you know i have twins starting in around 4 weeks and am very excited BUT..although i have been minding for almost 5 years It has been literally since then i have had children so young to mind..so for the last say 3 years all mine have been around 3+.
What do they like to do as such (although i know ill find out) the parents are foreign and had a family member look after them so kind of weren't sure totally what they liked/disliked.
Also another thing that will be od for me is the whole nappy thing again as all mine were potty trained so back to doing that (which is fine!) just back to when i started!

Sure it will be fine just want them to start!
Thanks x

Fabby
16-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Im sure you will be absolutely fine and it will be like 2nd nature to you within a week or so xx

Gherkin
16-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Only one of my mindees is in this age group at the moment (I have a younger one and older ones). He is a free spirit really. I let him take the lead and he adores the following:
toy cars
out door play house
water/sand play
full physical play - slides, seesaws, rolling down hills, etc
he is not into painting or arty crafty stuff at all whereas my own son at the same age loved to do arty crafty stuff.

Let them in, let them choose and you will soon see what they love to do. I then add in other toys/games/activities to give them another direction when needed.

singlewiththree
16-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I have one this age and one aged 2 and to be honest they pretty much like to explore, they like to tip out the toys and put them back in again. They both love shape sorters and pop up toys that you have to turn/press to pop up. They enjoy singing, dancing and books. :)

Within a week you will remember the whole poo bum situation yuk! Good luck