PDA

View Full Version : Panic!!!!

caz3007
16-04-2010, 07:35 AM
I have been settling a little boy who is 1 year old and he hasnt settled very well...cries a lot. Anyway mum rang me last night and her new job rang for her to do an induction next week, so got him for two long day next week, instead of what I should be doing, 2 school hour days a week.

Now I am in a panic cos our school is being rebuilt and I am not sure whether I can yet access it with my double buggy, so trying to work out how I am going to do the school run. Also its the crying, he cries whether he is on my lap or on the floor, only time he is quiet is when he is being pushed in the buggy. Hubby has said he will try and finish work at 3.30 on Monday to help me with the afterschoolies (they are much older and been coming years) and sorting their tea.

But any ideas on what to do with a baby who cries all the time, would be really helpful, other than spend 9 hours walking with him in the buggy :panic:

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Nothing worse than a crying baby

Poor little thing

I have a crying baby that has not stopped for 3 years so I have no great advice sorry

Just earplugs and lots of pain killers for your head :laughing: :laughing:
Kidding !!

Is he walking / crawling what does he like to do ?

Angel xxx

caz3007
16-04-2010, 07:51 AM
He is cruising and crawling, well was before the holidays, but when I put him on the floor, he just sits there and cries and doesnt interact with anything I do with him. Mum was a bit vague about what he likes to do but likes teddies. I have changed all my toys around to accomodate him and found lots of younger things for him in my loft. Had toddlers for a long long time. He did like being in the garden and sitting on my lap, so hoping the weather is nice and we can all get out there.

On his settling visits I only had him, on Monday I have a 2 1/2 year old, so hoping he will be a distraction to him.

I want the little boy to be happy, all the other children I have cared for have looked forward to coming to play at my house, so hope this one will too in time. I know he hasnt been left with others much, from what mum said, his nan isnt too keen on having him cos he cries. At the school he is a happy and smiley little boy, but obviously has spent a lot of time with mum only and doesnt want to be seperated from her.