PDA

View Full Version : OK i think i may of picked the wrong one for the job

Ben10mad
15-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Hiya
Please could you all help me........
If you read in my previous post, my assistant is leaving and i needed to employ someone else.....
I had 5 ladies come for the job but i wanted someone around my age, and some one who i would click with if you understand what i mean.
Well the lady who who i liked came in for her first day today and i am now regretting it why, because she hardly talked to myself and the children even though i tried to make communication, didn't really interact with the children, i introduced her to parents she said hello and then walked off:eek:
I just thought with it being her first day she would try and impress by showing confidence and make an effort.
(Interview went well but today she was like a different person)
What do you lot think?
I have sent crb form off and its on 2nd stages!

Fabby
15-04-2010, 09:26 PM
erm, she may of been nervous. Everyone reacts differently. You expected her to be full of confidence but she has acted the opposite way so it may just be nerves. I would see what the next week is like

Ben10mad
15-04-2010, 09:29 PM
erm, she may of been nervous. Everyone reacts differently. You expected her to be full of confidence but she has acted the opposite way so it may just be nerves. I would see what the next week is like

Thats what im thinking, she is booked in for next week so im going to see how that goes. x

ORKSIE
15-04-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree with Antpop..give her time:thumbsup:

Hope it works out.

xx

sarah707
16-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I'd have a quiet word about what you expect from her!

Have you listed her role and gone through it? Have you talked about her responsibilities with the parents / children etc?

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Give her a bit longer like its been said maybe she is shy , nervous or does not know what to expect , maybe she is waiting for you to tell her ?

See how it goes and if you are not happy have a chat with her

Early days though

Angel xxx

The Juggler
16-04-2010, 07:04 AM
I would nip it in the bud now, longer you leave it the harder it'll be.

I'd sit her down and say were you feeling OK yesterday you were like a different person from the one I met in the interview (in a lighthearted way). As was she nervous, etc? Then tell her that if she has any worries to talk to you but you DO expect her to be polite and engage with parents as that is a crucial part of the job as is interacting with the children.

Reiterate you are not a stickler or a 'hard' employer but you need an environment where the kids will thrive and you can't do that if the two key adults are not open with each other.

Good luck, hopefully it was just first day nerves.