PDA

View Full Version : I am soo annoyed - update

emmadines
15-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I have had 3 mindees booked for the last 2 weeks easter half term. and she has under paid me this week by £80, she decided that her eldest didnt want to come here (he's 10) as all the other children are younger. their ages range from 5 -8 , I take it it the money for him. she is contracted and hasnt paid me, he hasnt been at all this week out of her/his choice... I am in my rights to ask for this payment arnt i????

~Chelle~
15-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Most definately yes, if he is contracted to be there then she pays!

I had that this week, mum and dad are separated and she said that the dad might have them this week. Well he did and she still paid me.

It isnt your fault that he didnt want to come, he is taking up a space and that space needs to be paid for x

hannahsstar
15-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I would definately ask them.

If he was contracted to come then you have held that place.

Not a nice situation tho cos I hate having to ask for money, but £80 is too much to lose in my eyes

x

tashaleee
15-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I would also ask her for it - would say I was expecting a payment of £xx from you for the week but appears to be short and was wondering why and see what she sais. If she then sais its because the child didnt want to come then I would offer to end the contract for the next holiday, but inform under terms of contract she needs to pay for the hours she booked this time. :thumbsup:

emmadines
15-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I tried to call her and she didnt answer, so I text her (I know her ) I got a reply ******2*** £82.50, ******* £99.00 and I took £19 off as I over paid you last week" . which is fine!! so I had to reply your still contracted to pay for ****** and now I am waiting for a reply.

not to self, dont work with friends GRRRRRRR :angry:

I took them to shorn park, teston too as the days were lovely... its a young group other then the 10 year old. she dont want to pay out for trips either which is fine so Im rather limited as to where we can go....plus I cant just plan for the older one a place where he would like as its most likely not suitable for the younger ones, he chose not to want to come....... Ive done right havent i?? should I have catered more for the 10 year old, note that he didnt complain to me at all with what hes been doing last week......

ps I wouldnt normally sort it out via text

caz3007
15-04-2010, 05:51 PM
You have done right. I had a 13 year old come to me holidays only and his mum told me the week before he was due to come, that he wasnt. I told her the charge still applied and that if he had any problems he could come round to mine. She paid no problem. Obviously terminated before the next holidays.

emmadines
16-04-2010, 11:42 AM
well she is paying me but only half of it, we compramised..... only as shes a friend, but Ive told her that it will not happen again.. I havent had him all week... she popped in for a cuppa and we just chatted about normal things.... then I turned around and said, well I suppose we better chat about this issue we are both trying not to talk about..... and I said ok lets get to the point, we will compramise - you pay half of it and we will leave it at that. I know as a friend money is really tight, that she pnly gets paid £300 per week and the fees were 260 for all 3 children...

god Im a soft touch.