PDA

View Full Version : Home Insurance

Fabby
15-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I am currently with esure and they arn't able to carry on insuring me because changing it to a childminding business insurance, well they could but i couldn't have any more than 3 children at any time.....
so who do you guys use please so i can get searching? Was it an easy setup or did it have to get referred etc?

maisiemog
15-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm with More Than. Posted this exact question a couple of months ago. They cover you as standard as a childminder. Makes no difference to the policy whatsoever. we were with aviva before that and to still be insured as a childminder they wanted an extra £9 a month. I think not!!!! I think most insurance companies mention that they dont cover childminders. I know zurich and direct line did when I enquired.

skytvaddict
15-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I had the same problem with my old insurer as they wouldn't/couldn't cover me and wanted £25 for me to cancel!

I got a few quotes but went with Morton Michel in the end and it is only a couple of pounds more than old insurer and was quite simple. They also told me to refuse to pay the £25 which I did in my cancellation letter - I told them I wasn't prepared to pay it as they couldn't provide alternative cover - and they didn't even query it!

Straws
15-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm with Co-Op no extra charge and they cover childminders, was infact 70 quid cheaper than who I had previously been with.

Straws xx

Fabby
15-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Im sorted !:) Ive gone with Halifax, only £6 dearer then what i am paying now and even got a £50 cheque in the post for switching to them! ERMMM what to spend my money on... :laughing:

babs
15-04-2010, 08:58 PM
i didnt have any problems with my insurer but then i have been with them for 20 odd years, didnt cost me anymore either....

Shar
16-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I have just changed to the AA and saved £120 by switching:eek: I was with Churchill for years but the premium just kept going up.:thumbsup:

monkey62
16-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I had More Than before childminding and I'm still with them. They didn't charge a penny because of the business, but a condition is to stick with maximum 6 kids.

Chell
16-04-2010, 10:38 PM
My home insurance is due next week, I am going to search for quotes tomorrow night.

Babs, you shouldn't stay with the same insurer for years, I bet they are charging you a fortune. They always quote much higher for exisiting customers than they do for new. www.confused.com is really good for searching providers, it basically searches for you. My Mum was with CIS for years. I got quotes on confused.com as a new CIS customer and it was over £100 cheaper than the renewal they'd sent out. :eek:

The Juggler
16-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm with Liverpool victoria. they cover soft furnishings for accidental whilst minding and up to 8/10 kids I think.