PDA

View Full Version : another follow on from my 'im upset post' YOUR NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE THIS !!!!!

Fabby
15-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Sitting here watching This Morning and browsing the forum and my phone goes, it is the lady from this morning who came out to visit me. This was the conversation:
Hi, i have had to call you, firstly i need to sincerley applogise, but when i got back into my car i thought of something and had to check it once got home. A regulation changed in April 2007 that a caution like your husbands that happened before April 2007 does not entail a disqualification, so this should never have come to me for investigation and i should never of had to come out to you this morning. This should of been picked up before and your application should of already of been passed. (At this point i am crying my eyes out). I am so sorry that you have had to go through all this and i am just completing my notes and taking your application off hold and sending it through to the team who supply the certificates.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now dont get me wrong i am relieved and glad it is all over but this is absolute farse! I have been on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I have lost money because i had a full timer who has been waiting to start and i also had 2 school holiday kids for this easter break! Our CRB's were completed 3 weeks ago and they had everything they needed so my certificate would of definately of been here by now!
I am ringing OFSTED shortly to ask them the least they can do now is priotise my certificate and get it sent out today/tomorrow so i can start earning my well deserved money come Monday.

little miss chatterbox
15-04-2010, 11:37 AM
oh my goodness you poor thing. You and hub have been through hell for no reason at all.

I'm so glad it's been resolved for you but I am so sorry you had to have this experience.

Nikki76
15-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I cannot believe they have put you through all of that!

You must be so relieved though. I'm really pleased for you...congratulations!

Hopefully your certificate will arrive next week...well done:clapping:

caz3007
15-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I would put it into writing about the distress and hassle you went through. I think you at least deserve a written apology

Still at least you now know its going to definately be alright

Mookins
15-04-2010, 11:55 AM
get them to do it next day signed delivery thats awful...but thank goodness she noticed! heads will roll for this!

BUT WELL DONE TOO

The Juggler
15-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I would put it into writing about the distress and hassle you went through. I think you at least deserve a written apology

I agree, I would write to complaints sincerely thanking this inspector who was clearly on the ball but then explain exactly how much potential income was lost by this unecessary procedure. anyway glad it's all sorted:clapping: :clapping:

Fabby
15-04-2010, 12:02 PM
well iam now on the phone to ofsted asking them if at least they could priotise my certificate being signed off. Surely it is the least they can do for me.... im on hold!!!!

LittleMissSparkles
15-04-2010, 12:03 PM

i agree too, but on the plus side CONGRATULATIONS XXXX

Toothfairy
15-04-2010, 12:05 PM
:eek: FGS!!!!!!!

I would be writing a very strong letter of complaint.

I hope your certificates come through ASAP. :thumbsup:

~Chelle~
15-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I would be fuming, after all that :angry:

Hopefully they will send your certificate out TODAY! It is the least that you deserve x

Fabby
15-04-2010, 12:13 PM
it is been signed off this afternoon one the team manager is back off lunch, certificate will be sent 1st classed recorded tomorrow morning, should recieve it saturday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

littletreasures
15-04-2010, 12:20 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Thank goodness for this lady being so on the ball.

I hope you get the certificate on Saturday so you can start minding Monday.

I think a letter of complaint should be sent so you get a written apology. And perhaps you can say how on the ball this lady was.

Enjoy minding :clapping: :clapping:

Fabby
15-04-2010, 12:22 PM
It's a pitty she wasn't on the ball 2 weeks ago though when she recieved this case!! Nevermind, it cant be helped now. I'll soon be A REGISTERED CHILDMINDER......... WOOP DE WOOP LOL :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

ORKSIE
15-04-2010, 12:25 PM
:eek: :eek:

Poor You:panic:

Glad its sorted now...Hope you get your cert very soon.

xx

angiemog
15-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Hmmmmmm.
Am happy it's all sorted. Well done. x

Alibali
15-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Glad it's all sorted, an old saying of my Grans 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' - you will be a stronger person after going through all this ( no matter how frustrated:) )

singingcactus
15-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I am glad to hear that this has been sorted. At least on the upside the mistake was made in favour of the children rather than the other alternative - which would have been registering an unfit person because of a mistake.

Enjoy your new career :D

SandCastles
15-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Some things are never easy - glad it is all sorted now, and congratulations.

Carol M
15-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Mmmmmmmm....... A strong letter of complaint to OFSTED Administration is due!
So it never happens to anyone else.
Glad you have come through this but what a start. Weaker people would have given up!
Sending my best wishes for success in the future.
Carol x

AliceK
15-04-2010, 04:16 PM
it is been signed off this afternoon one the team manager is back off lunch, certificate will be sent 1st classed recorded tomorrow morning, should recieve it saturday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!

That's brilliant. Now comes the real hard work :laughing:
Make sure you let us know when your certificate gets there and have a big drink to celebrate.

Seriously though, that's awful that you had to go through all this for no reason :angry:

xxxxxx

mamasheshe
15-04-2010, 05:36 PM
can't you claim loss of earnings I'd complain big time

you must both be so relived:thumbsup:

Fabby
15-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Doubt i would be able claim loss of earnings, its worth a call and a letter!! Ive just had another call off the woman who came this morning to confirm that my certificate had been put in the post this afternoon so should be here in morning unless Royal Mail let me down :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Well done :clapping:

Glad you got it all sorted out in the end

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
15-04-2010, 05:51 PM
OMW what a lot of upset etc to have to go through and all for nothing - I suggest we need to find them inadequate - that is what would happen to one of us if we made the same mistake :panic: :panic:

I suggest that childminders compile a certificate and everytime ofsted make an error then we send them one anonymously and at the same time publish it somewhere on the internet for all to see. Lets see how they would feel also if we have the name of the actual person who made the mistake we should put that on both the certificate and website.

Oh well I may as well sleep here as in bed

birch24
15-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I cant believe it, i have been following your progress and was very pleased when i heard that she had agreed to let you be registered. I then was stunned to read that they had got it wrong all along, how absolutely awful for you. I would be so angry, but in a way i suppose you are also over the moon!!
Its almost like some sort of sick joke!!

:welldone: :welldone: :group hug:

Fabby
15-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I know, i was just saying to my mum that i never in a million years thought i would be spending this afternoon sorting out all my insurances and what not. When she left this morning it was a case of, this wont get looked at now until a week on Friday then go from there! Talk about all the emotions i have gone through!! I could still cry now and feel soooo tired because i have been crying most of the afternoon. Im on cloud 9!! Maybe in a week or so i will want to write that letter of complaint but at the moment i am happy on this cloud 9.... with the 'Ash' lol

Avon
15-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Been following and soooo glad its all work out for you - I must asdmit, I would be on the warpath the moment my cert is in my hand!

mammumof4
15-04-2010, 07:11 PM
OMG is all i can say!!!!! i hope your making a complaint to ofsted!!!
but well done for getting it sorted:clapping:

babs
15-04-2010, 07:18 PM
glad its all sorted hun and the worry is over and you can now get on and put this all behind you and enjoy childminding one thing thou after all this your not going to worry about your inspection like you have over this .....:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fabby
15-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Haha, well i prob will worry because that is what i am like, especially for things that mean alot to me.

nannymcflea
15-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Thats fab news, so pleased for you and for hubby too. Here's to a grand future childminding.:clapping: