PDA

View Full Version : sand play

terrydoo73
15-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I have just introduced my twin mindees to sand but it is going all over the ground! I had 2 bucketfuls last night brushed up. The table is on a concrete surface so at least it can be brushed up but how could I discourage them from doing this - they are at the stage of just lifting it with the spades and letting it fall back into the pit again. I did try a plastic sheeting below the table but they trip or turn the sheeting over so the sand goes beyond the sheeting. Any suggestions?

The Juggler
15-04-2010, 12:05 PM
no! all mine are the same, it goes everywhere. I just give them lots of trucks and things to fill so they move it around when it's on the floor. It's also amazing how it finds its way into every corner of the house.

But they love it so much and it has so many learning opportunities. Provides hours of play and fun for them and hours of tidying up:p

Only advice I have is not to worry, stock up on spare bags and then I sweep up and chuck the floor spilt sand and put it on my grass so it doesn't make the patio slippery.

Alibali
15-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I take mine somewhere else to play with sand:D

WibbleWobble
15-04-2010, 05:02 PM
i have an ELC play tray thing...i think its a sand pit...it has two compartments. I have put rice in mine...its easy to brush up and feels lovely!

this is all indoors...i must be crazy!

sarah707
15-04-2010, 05:43 PM
It's all part of learning... the trick is not to give them too much sand in the first place and to get them to help sweep it up into the bin after :D

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I take mine somewhere else to play with sand:D

Good thinking :laughing: :laughing:

I just buy extra and then end up with less :laughing:

Kids will be kids I am afraid and its fun tipping out sand even if its not so much fun cleaning it up :laughing:

I do encourage mine to help tidy it up after

Angel xx