PDA

View Full Version : wingy daughter and mindees?

emmadines
15-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Im not sure this should be hear of in the other the part or the other part of the forum....

I have 2 of my own kiddies but one of them, my 4 year old daughter.. all she seems to do is winge, if one of the mindees takes something, stands in the way or even says something to her that wasnt to her liking, etc etc but then I also know this mindee dose this to get a reaction of her. will run to grab the hand that i offer out for my daughter and then barge her out the way to get it, if shes asked to get something I get "Ill get ie, Ill get it and he runs through her to get to it 1st. when shes walking through the doorway he will run and stand with his arms and legs spread in the doorway to stop her getting through... i know hes not doing it to be nasty, hes 3 and yes he get a reaction off of her..

Im getting to the end of my tether, with which one I dont know. How do i stop her winging and moaning??? Ive told her to ignore him and dont react when he dose something.. his older sibling had told mum that becky dose things to him when Im not looking. Im not saying shes an angel and im sure she will do things when im not looking but not to the degree that i was told.. older sibling is 8.

help, what to do....

huggableshelly
15-04-2010, 09:59 AM
put your foot down.

when you ask DD to get something and mindee runs stop the mindee and tell him you asked Dd not him but remember then to ask him to do something too.

blocking the doorway is a hazzard, do role play - fire evactuation, if the door is blocked what will happen? try to get him to realise that he must never block the door as it may stop you all get out safely (without scaring or threatening lol but you know what I mean hopefully).

aim to do more activities to keep him distracted from wanting to "be a pain" to your DD. when he reaches to grab your hand as your Dd does just lift your hand higher so he cant reach then take your DD's hand and smile sweetly.

as his attitude changes reward him with stickers, verbal praise or even a certificate for caring and sharing or whatver you feel will fit his behaviour.

as he learns her moaning and winging will be reduced, it may not go totally its a girl thing lol (personal experience) but its hard to make a 4 year old understand that a 3 year old is to be ignored when seeking attention (ugh does that make sense?).

ok I'm waffling but hoping I've offered a little help there.

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Poor you

Good advice from hugs there

Hope you sort it out soon

Have a better day today

Angel xx

Mollymop
16-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I have a mindee who is like yours. "I'll do it!!" when I ask someone to do something - always the first to jump up and take something, always the first to do anything and rushes, barges others out of the way - all about her all the time. She does it because she is eager to please me but I do have to remind her nicely that if I haven't asked her to do something then she is not to take over as its not fair on the others.

When it comes to you're daughter with the wingeing I would warn her that she must stop or she will be sent to time out. Sounds harsh but I wouldn't put up with it.

The same with your mindee be firm with him and everytime he annoys your daughter put him in time out and explain he isn't to carry on with his behaviour.

hope you ok x