PDA

View Full Version : sainsburys active kids

wyetots
15-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I have just phoned to register and told they can only register schools and nurseries. I think this is very unfair and yet again we are treated like second class citizens.

I explained that i am an accredited childminder delivering the same nursery education as other nurseries and it fell on deaf ears.

What can we do to be treated fairly.

It is so frustrating:angry:

miss mopple
15-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Keep hassling them as they will register you if you pester them. I was told Id never collect enough vouchers but argued the toss and have already got almost 1400 :clapping:

Mouse
15-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I think there are lots of us on here who are registered. I was registered easily after a couple of emails, though some people have had a bit of a fight to get registered.

Keep trying :thumbsup:

Kes
15-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I tried registering last year and had an email saying they prefer childminders not to register cause it was taking equipment away from schools that needed it more. :angry:

sandy64
15-04-2010, 09:21 AM
i registered very easy second year running for tesco it shouldnt be much difference? and c.m need the stuff more than schools. keep trying ive a few vouchers my sister collected them but i dont nned them so il keep collecting and hand them 2 someone here if you manage to register good luck.:)

tashaleee
15-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I did initially have a problem registering prior to EYFS - I ended up using words like 'discrimination' and 'equality' and 'Ofsted' in my conversations which seemed to work no problem :thumbsup:

Nowadays I would ask them what makes you different from a nursery? After all we are inspected to the same standards by Ofsted, accredited and able to offer funding - surely we are equal or if not perhaps they would like to tell us what sets childminders apart - after all we are professional.... :thumbsup:

Hebs
15-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I tried registering last year and had an email saying they prefer childminders not to register cause it was taking equipment away from schools that needed it more. :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

schools get funding from the government what do we get??

honest :angry: :angry: :angry:

angiemog
15-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I called Sainsbury and Tesco and had no problems at all. It must just depend on who you speak to which is so unfair. I would call again and hopefully get through to someone else. x

georgie456
15-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I did initially have a problem registering prior to EYFS - I ended up using words like 'discrimination' and 'equality' and 'Ofsted' in my conversations which seemed to work no problem :thumbsup:

Nowadays I would ask them what makes you different from a nursery? After all we are inspected to the same standards by Ofsted, accredited and able to offer funding - surely we are equal or if not perhaps they would like to tell us what sets childminders apart - after all we are professional.... :thumbsup:

I also did this last year and was 'allowed' to register. It is a total lack of understanding what childminders have to do on a daily basis and in my opinion discriminates against the children whose parents choose to send them to us instead of a nursery setting.
I registered with Tesco this year with no problem, and I must say, their catalogue is much better than Sainsburys!