PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get days when you question if you want to do this?

rachelle
14-04-2010, 09:34 PM
like today! No time for a wee, huge mountain of washing up at end of day etc etc - actually, how do you guys fit that in? I have no prob clearing mindee related mess whilst they play but somehow it piles up! Tea is 5 and then it's manic to find socks, bits, bobs, finish diaries etc etc before 6pm collection. Was just saying to hubby that I wasn't enjoying it so much today and his only response was 'shame you spent so much on a new buggy!' AGGGHHHHH!

oops ranted :rolleyes:

polly0
14-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Lots of days like that Rachelle, :rolleyes: , but the good days usually outweigh the bad ones (most of the time)

Demonjill
14-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Let it all out :D

Im sure that for every day you feel like this there will be loads where you feel on top of the world and know exactly why you are doing the job.

Chin up tomorrow is another day as they say.

For now here is a :group hug:

huggableshelly
14-04-2010, 10:09 PM
i stopped doing evening meals for that exact reason! not enough time to prepare cook feed and be ready for pick up times!

maybe change your meals around, hot lunches and snacky stuff for tea ... all i offer now is fruit, biscuits, cakes if we made them and occasional toast if child is staying later than usual.

angiemog
15-04-2010, 06:10 AM
i stopped doing evening meals for that exact reason! not enough time to prepare cook feed and be ready for pick up times!

maybe change your meals around, hot lunches and snacky stuff for tea ... all i offer now is fruit, biscuits, cakes if we made them and occasional toast if child is staying later than usual.

I agree with this. Try to find ways that will make the time around 5pm easier. I fill my diaries in when all my littlies have a nap in the afternoon..... then add to it if I need to. I only have under 5s but I generally leave the toys.... until the last one has gone. They have their own boxes so anything like socks, shoes.... go in their box. The thing I have found is when it isn't as manic that is your time to start to do the catch up bits. x

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Think we all get days like this but if you listen to other people moan about their jobs I still think us minders have the better deal :laughing:

Hope your day is better today

Angel xx

estrelas
15-04-2010, 06:45 AM
I sometimes feel like this to.

Mainly because I am probably the most dis organised person in the world.

I had to change my after school routine before I actually started to enjoy this time.

I now do tea last thing, so all the cleaning up gets done before, i organise the going home stuff while they are eating. After tea they are only allowed garden play or if its wet, computer or books. Theres only about 30 mins between tea and pick up anyway.

Hope you feel better today, it is nearly the weekend :clapping:

ORKSIE
15-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Hope your day goes better today.

I sometimes find the evening meal can be a bit stressy. But that depends on how many I have to cook for.

I find making large quantities of Spag Bol, Shepherds Pie etc and freezing them, then all you have to do is Zap them in the microwave:thumbsup:

skytvaddict
15-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Evening meals can definitely get stressed here too, especially if parent is early to pick up!

Hope you have a better day today x

Mookins
15-04-2010, 07:45 AM
like today! No time for a wee, huge mountain of washing up at end of day etc etc - actually, how do you guys fit that in? I have no prob clearing mindee related mess whilst they play but somehow it piles up! Tea is 5 and then it's manic to find socks, bits, bobs, finish diaries etc etc before 6pm collection. Was just saying to hubby that I wasn't enjoying it so much today and his only response was 'shame you spent so much on a new buggy!' AGGGHHHHH!

oops ranted :rolleyes:

can you afford to have a cleaner in for an hour every day? its def something to consider, be great to find you can concontrate on getting the mindees ready to go home and chat with parents whilst the washing yp and hoovering is being donefor you x

monkey62
15-04-2010, 09:41 AM
You are not alone hun, I have that sometimes...dinner, homework, diaries, nappys, phone calls, kids screamimng...... but I'm lucky with a wonderful and supportive husband
Hope you will feel better today

Toothfairy
15-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I stopped doing evening meals, and I am a lot less stressed.

terrydoo73
15-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I would agree that evenings are the most stressful - it is that feeling of coming to the end of a day and another one just beginning as soon as the mindees go out the door!

I have found that my mindees do not really eat lunch well so have delayed it now to mid afternoon and told the parents not to send dinner as they will not be eating it at mine! Tactfully of course! I have one mindee who leaves at 5 and the other 2 (twins) at 6 so as soon as first goes I start putting toys away and leaving only some things out that are quick. At present with the good weather it is great as there is no mess to clear up inside. I usually only leave the likes of ride ons and the stationery toys like slides and rockers at the end of the day. Problem is I am so tidied up now that I just want the mindees away as quick as possible!

Rasharoon
15-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Although I've now given up childminding, I did resent cooking the evening meal as I found I was in the kitchen from 4pm to get dinner on the table for 5pm to then clean it up an hour later.
If I had the choice back then, I would love to have cut out this part of the day but if I had, I would have lost the mindees as that was one thing their Mum really wanted.
Hope you are having a better day today.
Rachelle
x