PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with my Capital Grant pack

king
14-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I collceted my capital Grant pack yesterday. I live in the north west. I was expecting a box of bat and balls etc. But there was so much more - Vtech camera, Bee-bot, Tape recorder with tapes, lots of gardening things, games, number tiles, dominoes, story sack, bug magnifying box, Ethnic family dolls, Various skin coloured paper and crayons, festivals calendar and 4 books about different cultures and some space hoppers.
It may of been better to have the money to choose things that are more suitable to the ages I look after but Im grateful of anything for free and it was quite an impressive bundle. :)

estrelas
14-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I collceted my capital Grant pack yesterday. I live in the north west. I was expecting a box of bat and balls etc. But there was so much more - Vtech camera, Bee-bot, Tape recorder with tapes, lots of gardening things, games, number tiles, dominoes, story sack, bug magnifying box, Ethnic family dolls, Various skin coloured paper and crayons, festivals calendar and 4 books about different cultures and some space hoppers.
It may of been better to have the money to choose things that are more suitable to the ages I look after but Im grateful of anything for free and it was quite an impressive bundle. :)

sounds great
where in the NW are you?
I WANT ONE :laughing: :laughing:

lindylou
14-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi That sounds brilliant if you dont mind me asking were do you live in the north west
Linx

desiderata
14-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Well done you we havent had anything yetxx probably wont get anything either. Enjoy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

king
14-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi That sounds brilliant if you dont mind me asking were do you live in the north west
Linx

Wigan Greater manchester

michelleg
14-04-2010, 09:13 PM
hi ,how do u qualify for a capital grant ,never heard of it thanx x

solly
14-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I would be greatful for anything:)

king
14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
As far as I can understand (I maybe wrong) each area has been given a pot of money for early years section. It depends on the area on how they decide to use it. Wigan have allocated £500 worth of toys for each childminder registered before Sep. Luckily there was some left over and there was a pack for me as I am newly registered. Wigan Early years team contacted me about it. I believe some areas have not allocated childminders with anything and putting the money into parks etc.

TheBTeam
14-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Well done to you, in Herts we have got a big fat nothing!:laughing:

angiemog
15-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Lovely....... we don't get anything in Norfolk either. x

oakie dokie
15-04-2010, 06:44 AM
high peak childminders awarded a min of £2500 max £5000 but you have to jump through hoops to get it! i have applied to have my garden fenced in, it is open at the moment with communal path running through it. so i'm unable to use it.
fingers crossed!

estrelas
15-04-2010, 07:16 AM
hmmmm,
not sure we get much around here, would be nice tho, all childminders should get the same I think, wherever we live.

Mookins
15-04-2010, 07:34 AM

Thats brill....you could always sell the bits you dont need to purchase the bits you do
x x

Shar
15-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Well done! Here in Sutton we get nothing:( but next borough Merton got a minimum of £2500 to spend on anything they needed. :eek:

It's not fair!! My friends have got kid's laptops, patio awning, Phil &teds buggies,etc.... I can't afford all that.

Mookins
15-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Lovely....... we don't get anything in Norfolk either. x

oh bang goes my dreams then :(

Ripeberry
15-04-2010, 08:17 AM
The maximum they give us down here is £300 to start up as a CM and they don't even give us biscuits with our tea and coffee on courses :( But to be fair, they have upgraded lots of local parks and playgrounds, so at least we have somewhere decent to go now :)

Leannetrim
15-04-2010, 08:22 AM
in herts we don't get anything like that :(

charleyfarley
15-04-2010, 08:26 AM
That's brilliant, I'm sure the children will love all the things you've got.:clapping: :clapping:

We're still waiting to find out what we are getting. We were given a list and had to pick 3 things off it to make a short list. A laptop was on there though, not that we need another laptop in our house :rolleyes:

Carol xx

Mouse
15-04-2010, 08:28 AM
That sounds like a really good pack :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
15-04-2010, 08:56 AM
thats great, we get nothing here as our local authority ear marked it for 'nurserys' as they serve more children and families :angry:

spowage
15-04-2010, 09:08 AM
that sounds bri;liant south east childminders are wiating for their pack s we get £250 worth of kits which we had to choose cant wait for mine!!!!!:laughing:

monkey62
15-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Here our local authority give us £230 per register child or childrens in books however is greater.I got nearly £1000 to spend us I want. I'm realy sorry to hear in other area childminders hasn't got anything.
You may want to call your local authority and ask about'' Early Years Grant''

francinejayne
15-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh so glad you got yours, it's great isn't it! Though they all seem to be slightly different as I didn't get the books about different cultures in mine. Not complaining though!!!

sonia ann
15-04-2010, 07:46 PM
all registered cm's here were given a laptop with 1yr free internet ,4 childrens programmes,(create a story;simple city;maths city and publish+) and a digital camera/ camcorder with memory card :) :)

karen m
15-04-2010, 08:22 PM
in cheshire have been told were getting laptop,internet,depending on money digital camera and printer.was meant to be start of march,last week was told should get letter within 2 weeks saying when to collect:clapping:

Trouble
15-04-2010, 08:26 PM
we get nothing :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: