PDA

View Full Version : A couple of hours a day

Malark
14-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi, i have had an enquiry for a 3 year old mon - fri term time only 8am til drop at nursery at 8.50 then 2.45 (dropped at my house) til 4.30. I was wondering, as she is in the early years what would I be expected to do with her. E.g obs, learning journey etc. Obviously something but she will be in my home for literally 30 mins in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, rest of the time on school runs. Also i plan on charging my before and after school rate for this 'cause obviously filling a space which would total £12 per day. Do you think this is reasonable for such a small amount of time?

RainbowMum
14-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Sounds fine to me, I would have the starting points and all about me - talk to the nursery about her iterests and make sure your continous provision can meet those interests, take a couple of photos a week and link these to the eyfs - I wouldn't do anything more unless I became concerned about development. good luck x

Goatgirl
14-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi :),
Yes, the £12 sounds fine if you're charging per day and the parent is happy/able to pay.
Personally I do an hourly charge with a minimum number of hours per week. I avoid a daily charge as I like having days when I finish early :D and I think lots of parents would want to get the most out of their money...? For me I would work it out like this: 8 till drop off = 1 hour. 2.30 till 4.30 = 2 hours. So 3 hours per day, 15 per week.

I agree with Rainbow mum, get permissions in place to discuss eyfs etc in relation to this child with the nursery, then compliment what's already being done for her. Set up some kind of written interaction with the parent too. You needn't do that much, there's lots that you can cover just chatting on the school run. And allowing time to chill out and relax at the end of the day is very important too. :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

haribo
14-04-2010, 04:52 PM
i think i would charge more than that tbh -isnt she taking up a full time place ?

tashaleee
14-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I would also charge more than my normal rate - the child is taking up a place where you could, in theory, work say 8-6 but you are only doing 3 hours and would possibly struggle to fit in another child

Malark
14-04-2010, 09:16 PM
yes she would be taking a full time place. As i have a baby under 1 it also leaves me with only one space left for under 5's. But i really need the money, no mindees at the moment as just returning after maternity leave.

tashaleee
14-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Well if you need the money then I would say go for it - but maybe only have a 2 week notice period so if someone wanting full time or more hours comes along you have an option (sorry I know that sounds really harsh but parents do it to us all the time and if you need the money then please put yourself first) :thumbsup: