PDA

View Full Version : pins and needles feeling

desiderata
14-04-2010, 10:23 AM
2 weeks ago at the weekend I had pins and needles feeling in my right leg all the way down it lasted a day and a half and then went away . Well today Ive got it again!! I am minding and just getting on with it but its rather uncomfortable. Its right from my hip down to my toes anyone any ideas please?

Demonjill
14-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Poor Circulation! Probably.

Pins n needles is result of blood coming back through the affected part after being cut off for short time eg kneeling or sitting on ankles etc. However if you were just going about things as usual then it may be an underlying problem.

Although has been known to be a symptom of Diabetes. Maybe a weee check with doc to put your mind at rest.

:) :)

desiderata
14-04-2010, 10:43 AM
thankyou i gave blood last week would that have shown up there or not.xx I do have reynards in my fingers they go white occasionally. I do kneel a lot too. Perhaps its just old age setting in x eh x

monkey62
14-04-2010, 10:44 AM
No idea, but I suggest you to go and see a doctor or a drop-in center.Hope you get better soon and you mindees doesn't give to much trouble today....

AliceK
14-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a trapped nerve to me. I would mention it to Dr if you can anyway.

xxxxxx

suzyblue
14-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Could be Sciatica. I had this, caused by digging up an old patio and wearing out my back, it caused aching, pin and needles and numbness in my leg. Rest if you can and get it checked out.

Ripeberry
14-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Could be Sciatica. I had this, caused by digging up an old patio and wearing out my back, it caused aching, pin and needles and numbness in my leg. Rest if you can and get it checked out.

I get that sometimes as well, especially if i've hurt my back, leg goes numb and sometimes I can't walk on it for a few steps. Rubbing my hip towards the back seems to 'reset' the nerve.

Blue Boy
14-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I would dfinately get it checked out with the doctor. Hope it is nothing major and that you are ok:thumbsup:

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I get this sometimes but I think it could be a number of things and it took my doctor a while to find out what it was

So I would get it checked out

Hope you are ok

Angel xx

desiderata
16-04-2010, 08:26 AM
thanks for replies felt a bit better yesterday but today it is back so I have just phoned the doctor and I am going at 10.40. Got mammogram at 3.15 too today so I beginning to feel like Im falling apart:panic:

desiderata
16-04-2010, 11:18 AM
have been to doctors he says it could be stress. Got to go back if it does clear in 2 weeks

suzyblue
16-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Lets hope he is right and it clears up.:)