PDA

View Full Version : no more ofsted from september?

andreaschildcare
13-04-2010, 10:05 AM
hiya

so i hear we wont have oftsed inspections from sept?

anyone else heard this or have any views?

mama2three
13-04-2010, 10:07 AM
we will still be inspected , and the majority of the inspectors will be the same ones .. just paid by one of the 2 new companies rather than by Ofsted. So in theory there should be very little difference for us , but will wait til sept to see how it pans out!

tracey36
13-04-2010, 10:20 AM
now thers a nice thought but unfortunatly some other companys are taking over some of the inspections

Toothfairy
13-04-2010, 11:39 AM
:( Got all excited then!

ORKSIE
13-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I had to check the date..thought it was April 1st again:D

haribo
13-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I had to check the date..thought it was April 1st again:D

Me too :laughing:

miffy
13-04-2010, 01:41 PM
hiya

so i hear we wont have oftsed inspections from sept?

anyone else heard this or have any views?

If only...........................

Miffy xx

Tink
13-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry but I quite like the fact that i'm my own boss and run my own business but still know that I have to do the work for Ofsted to inspect me and my goal is to be outstanding.

If there were no more Ofsted most people would just stop doing things with the children and they would never learn anything.

AliceK
13-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry but I quite like the fact that i'm my own boss and run my own business but still know that I have to do the work for Ofsted to inspect me and my goal is to be outstanding.

If there were no more Ofsted most people would just stop doing things with the children and they would never learn anything.

Agree :thumbsup:

xxxxxxxx

PixiePetal
13-04-2010, 03:02 PM

I was minding before Ofsted and did the same job then, just did not write it all down :rolleyes:

I was my own boss then and ran my business. I had contracts, insurance etc as we had to then and all the children turned out perfectly well and were above the expected level before starting school as ALL we do is learning in some way, still in touch with some families now too.

Maybe I am just not one of the 'most' that you mention.:blush:

Mollymop
13-04-2010, 04:23 PM
we will still be inspected , and the majority of the inspectors will be the same ones .. just paid by one of the 2 new companies rather than by Ofsted. So in theory there should be very little difference for us , but will wait til sept to see how it pans out!

yes I read this in Who Minds. I had to re-read it twice as I thought "what?" as at first it came across in the title that we would have no more ofsted inspections:D

Noodles
13-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I have just heard this today too :) :)

huggableshelly
13-04-2010, 06:15 PM
quote from the NCMA monthly email newsletter ....

Ofsted outsources inspections

Ofsted has confirmed that inspections of early years settings are to be outsourced in England. The regulator has appointed two companies to undertake day-to-day inspection and registration visits.

Tribal Group Plc has been appointed to cover the contract area for the South region and Prospects Services Ltd has been appointed to cover the work in the North and Midlands. Both companies have signed a five-year contract that will take effect from 1 September 2010.

All childminders will receive more information from Ofsted in the summer with further details about the transfer of inspections. NCMA will be working closely with Ofsted, Tribal Group and Prospects Services to ensure all inspectors are fully aware of the unique nature of childminding settings

Daisy1956
13-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Hope it works better than all the other things that are out-sourched, remember the exam fiasco, or am I just a pessimist

Pauline
13-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I think all the current Ofsted inspectors will just be transferred to work for the new companies. :)

Cazz
13-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I had my first inspection about 3 weeks ago and the inspector asked if I was aware that there will be another company carrying out inspections instead of Ofsted.

She said that there should be no difference to childminders - the inspectors will have the changes as her pension etc won't be the same :rolleyes:

She said as far as she is aware inspections will be the same as now but it remains to be seen if there are changes and then interestingly (I thought!) she commented that she personally feels Ofsted place too much emphasis on the EYFS and not enough on the actual care of the children. :D

huggableshelly
14-04-2010, 10:25 PM
wish all the inspectors would speak up and reduce the EYFS area in order to see the actual care and contact areas.

ORKSIE
15-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Will the 2 companies be inspecting Minders with the same set of Standards....
Seems OFSTED inspectors at the moment have difficulty keeping their Inspections consistant how will 2 seperate companies manage:eek:

Mouse
15-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I think all the current Ofsted inspectors will just be transferred to work for the new companies. :)

It's a like when the Social Services inspectors switched to working for Ofsted.