PDA

View Full Version : Nvq 3

estrelas
13-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi

Ok i'm about to organise starting my NVQ level 3, apparently funding not set for this year but I can apply anyway so I have some questions please

Do you do yours at college or at home?
I work shift work so home would be better for me?

Is it hard?:panic: , or just time consuming?

What company did you do yours with? I have a list here but not sure?

Any advice?

Tink
13-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I did mine whilst working at nursery with a local company. So i'm not much help, sorry but hopefully someone else will be able to advise you further.

estrelas
13-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I did mine whilst working at nursery with a local company. So i'm not much help, sorry but hopefully someone else will be able to advise you further.

Thanks anyway x

Jules27
13-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I am doing mine with YMCA I had to pay £75 contribution rest is funded. :)

estrelas
13-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I am doing mine with YMCA I had to pay £75 contribution rest is funded. :)

is that at home?
how much do they come to your house?

Jules27
13-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes at home as I am CM'ing full time. She comes once a month observes me doing things, asks questions and sets me work to do. Works well for me xx

estrelas
13-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes at home as I am CM'ing full time. She comes once a month observes me doing things, asks questions and sets me work to do. Works well for me xx

Thank you
will have a look at them x

FussyElmo
13-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I did mine at a local college. Every night on a monday 6-9. Then an assessor came to the house to assess etc.

I enjoyed going to college :thumbsup:

manjay
13-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I did mine totally at home but with a local college. Mine was funded with an ILA (not sure if you have those in England). I think the assessor visited every month or so and most of my evidence was taken from my own paperwork and her observations.

LisaH
13-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I did mine at home too through local college. I only had to go to college once to enrol and it was fully funded:)
My assessor visited every 3-4 weeks and I finished it in 5 months:)

georgie456
13-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi

Mine is done at home. My assessor comes out regularly to observe me and I complete the knowledge for her and then she sets work for any 'gaps'. I am fully funded for mine.

I'm extra lucky in that my assessor is a local cm who I work closely with on a daily basis which means I can have obs done on spur of the moment whereas I know some people have to wait between each visit.

However, the down side is she is a bit tough on me sometimes to make up for us being friends!!!!!!

estrelas
15-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I am booked on intital assessment next week

whooo :clapping: :clapping:

feel like everything is coming together at last :clapping:

Hebs
15-04-2010, 10:58 AM
i'm doing mine at home fully funded

and i hate it :panic: :(

but plodding on :laughing:

Jules27
15-04-2010, 04:37 PM
and i hate it :panic: :(

but plodding on :laughing:

Sounds like me lol!!! I am learning a fair bit and kinda enjoying it - its just fitting it all in around work and family life!!! ah well, good practise for doing the degree I suppose he he!!!

aly
15-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Mine's at home but through our local college, and as I claim tax credits I didnt pay, just an admin fee of £5, so a saving of £500+ :eek: lol

Now I've just had a letter through from the ncma saying they are now funding it through early years.

I find it hard and can;t believe lisa did it in 5 months :eek::eek::eek: lol

Plodding on here too, she observes me at home or on outtings etc. shes coming next week to do lots of planning.

moljak
24-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi can I just ask what NVQ3 are you doing?
I've just read another thread on here about things changing to a New level 3 Children and young peoples workforce diploma and I'm confused as to when is the right time to sign up.Now? or wait til the new diploma is available in Aug.