PDA

View Full Version : Nervous- Parent visiting Thursday

snufflepuff
12-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Can anyone offer me any advice please? I have a parent coming round on Thursday with her little girl. I've never done this before and i dont know where to start! All i know is that i need to clean and tidy this pigsty! What paperwork do i need to show her? Do i show her round the whole house? Should i give her a welcome pack to take away or only do that if and when she wants to go ahead and sign contracts? I dont need her to sign the visitor sheet do i- as there will be no mindees here?

Sorry for all the questions, the mindee i have at the moment was all sorted beforehand so once my certificate came we just signed contracts and that was it!

AliceK
13-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Just relax and be yourself. When I have parents coming I make sure I have age appropriate toys for the LO to play with if they wish. I ask if they want a drink parent and child if appropriate) and if they do I give them my "about me" folder to look at whilst I make it. If they don't I give them the folder anyway, it has about me, my CRB check, copy of my certificates, copy of my PL Insurance, comments from exisiting parents, menu examples, my P's & P's etc etc. Usually while they have a look thro this I play / interact with the child. Usually I'm sitting on the floor, more friendly for younger children. Then we usually have a chat I show them the types of daily dairies, learning journals I do. they can ask any questions. Basically make sure you tell them everything that "sells" you and usually the parent will be the one making all the talk with the questions they need to ask. If they have baby / toddler who sleeps I will show them upstairs where the travel cot will be and usually show them the other rooms up there too otherwise I wouldn't show upstairs unless they asked, I would have already explained that upstairs is reserved for younger ones to sleep and is not used for playing.
When they go I give them an "about me" pack which is only 3 pages long but has my photo and contact numbers on along with my business card.

I don't worry about meeting parents anymore, it gives me an adult to chat to :laughing: . So far every parent I've seen except 1 who wanted someone closer to home has signed up so I'll keep doing what I do.

Good Luck. You'll be fine :thumbsup:

xxxxxxxx

Blue Boy
13-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Just be yourself try not to panic. If they see that it could put them off. Be confident & professional. When we have someone new come to see us we get them to sign our visitors book if it is during the working day. we also provide them with a copy of our information booklet for them to take away. It gives them dtails about us, contact details, copies of our contract & settling In policies, menus & details of activities.
As I said beforjust be yourself, remember they will be nervous as well, it will be one of the hardest decisions they will ever have to make, where & who they entrust their child with.
Lett us know how it goes, you will be great:thumbsup:

angeldelight
14-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Good advice from everyone

Be yourself and dont panic

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

Leanne59
14-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Good luck!