PDA

View Full Version : first inspection with children help

littlestars26
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
hi everyone i ha ofsted ring me today and there coming to do my first inspection with children in my care. i am really nervous and scared what can i expect them to be like and is there owt i need to do what it like what do there do any help or tips would be very helpful

sarah707
13-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Make sure you have everything properly signed... do as much of your SEF as you can... and breathe!

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D

tracey36
13-04-2010, 06:45 AM
good luck im sure you will be fine xx

mama2three
13-04-2010, 08:19 AM
check through all your paperwork , zip round with the hoover and smile!

Mine wasnt too long ago and i had a few late nights trying to make sure i was as ready as i could be - and that what my paperwork 'showed' was a real reflection of how i work. everyone told me not to worry and it really isnt as bad as you are expecting for most of us - but that doesnt help at the time so i know how youre feeling.

Only other thing i can advise is not to try to do anything particularly different or special on the day - let the children do the leading and you will be fine!

monkey62
13-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Try to get all yor folders/paper out, ready,so the inspector can help him/her self and you can focus in your minded children. Just be your self and everything is going to be fine

hello kitty
14-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Don't plan to do anything "out of the ordinary", if you try too hard and it does not work you will look a bit "fake". Just treat it as a normal childminding day.

Paperwork, look at your EYFS statutory requirements and make sure you have the legal requirements covered, anything else would be a bonus.

Good luck, you will be fine. :)