PDA

View Full Version : Why some `childminders` do not register themselves?

luiza.t
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Around here where I live there is this woman who call herself a childminder, but they she is not registered. The parents know about it but when they arranged this type of childcare they were desperate to find someone to look after their child and there were no one available. Now their children are settled (they had another one already)and they dont want to change childcare even though they could be recieving WTC.
Do you think it is fair? What kind of problems this woman could face if she is found out?
Have any one of you minded before registration?

aly
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
it is illegal to start with

she cannot recieve money for caring for the children.

TBH if i was looking for a childminder I would want to know that they were 1st aid trained - {What would happen if your child was to have an accident}

Why would parents want to use someone that is not registered and pay potentially a lot of money when a registered person will give parents their number so parents can receive either tax credits and/or childcare vouchers.

sorry but you would be putting your child/other peoples children at risk if you use/continue to care for children without being registered.

aly
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
oh and for the record she would be a babysitter not achildminder as she is not registered.!

Mookins
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
somebody said a week or so ago that Ofsted are really taking action on this now
big trouble me thinks

x x

Curly Quavers
15-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I would report her

Fabby
15-04-2010, 09:15 PM
i would report her without a doubt! the hardwork we all put into getting registered is beyond belief and in some applications you have to put in that little more effort (including mine) so yeah i would have no hestitaion but to report her. It is illegal and wrong!!!!

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Amazing that parents put their own children at risk

Angel xx