PDA

View Full Version : Learning Jounals or Obs?????

birch24
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Is it ok to put the observations in the learning journals or do they have to be a seperate thing, Im confused!! Help :blush:

beccas
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
mine are all one...

miffy
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
My obs are in my learning journals :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

cherry
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Same here :thumbsup:

sarah707
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Learning journeys would normally contain a mixture of information relevant to the child including...

photos of the child

observations and assessments

individual planning

copies of the child's artwork

information about the child's likes / dislikes / changing needs

the child's starting points / initial information booklet

shared information with other settings or professionals

anything else you or parents or the child want in there :D

birch24
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh thats good, thanks everyone thats what I was going to do but then I started to think that the learning journals were different.
After I saw the passports I thought maybe I should do one of them and the obs seperately. Confused yes I know!:laughing:

francinejayne
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh thats good, thanks everyone thats what I was going to do but then I started to think that the learning journals were different.
After I saw the passports I thought maybe I should do one of them and the obs seperately. Confused yes I know!:laughing:

I'm new to all of this too, so I've bought a few e-books from Sarah, and I can thoroughly recommend them, I'm hoping that when my new babies start in the summer I will have my head round it all and will be ever so professional! The info on learning journey's is great! :thumbsup:

Blue Boy
13-04-2010, 08:52 AM
We also put Observations in the children's Learning Journeys.

estrelas
13-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I also got Sarahs e books when I started last year

Made it all very clear to me and now I have no probs with Learning journeys etc.