PDA

View Full Version : Help

Mrs_F
12-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I've contacted ncma who put me forward to other numbers and I spoke to them with regards to becoming a registered child minder, they didn't really give me much information on courses, as they said every individual is different but surely they still have to do a course? As i'l be home learning, which is the best company to go through? and should I have a specific qualification before enrolling?:)

The Juggler
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. You need to contact your local authority. They will hold a briefing session which you need to attend. They will talk you through the process. Before you can start you need to be registered with ofsted and do a short course (ICP) and your first aid. Some local authorities fund in full and some don't.

Good luck!

mamasheshe
12-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. You need to contact your local authority. They will hold a briefing session which you need to attend. They will talk you through the process. Before you can start you need to be registered with ofsted and do a short course (ICP) and your first aid. Some local authorities fund in full and some don't.

Good luck!

yep :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mrs_F
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I enrolled onto the NEC Diploma in home based childcare, plus spoke to a child minder who has given me the co-ordinators number for over here, so will ring them tomorrow.