PDA

View Full Version : This is OK,isn't it?

venus89
12-04-2010, 09:17 AM
My car may be being fixed by a mindees dad and I was wondering if instead of him paying me for minding LO then me paying him for fixing the car, if I just tell him to keep his money and mind LO in kind. So if the car fixing was worth £200 I'd do 5 unpaid days work..... That way I don't get taxed on the money. I can't think that this woud be dodgy but does it sound OK to you?

The Juggler
12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
TBH, I'd keep it separate hon. Less complicated.

singlewiththree
12-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't think you are allowed as like you said you arent then paying tax on your earnings. The only way to do is it he gives you a receipt and you give him one and then do it anyway but you would have to put it through your books and he would his.

loocyloo
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
i think its simpler to just pay for the car to be fixed and then you to be paid for caring for LO, that way everyones books balance!

the mum of one of my LO teaches DS piano ... but we both bill each other, decided it would get too messy otherwise!

Mouse
12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure how you do it, but I'm pretty sure you still have to declare payments in kind (ie. you would have to declare £200 worth of income, even if you don't actually receive it).

venus89
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Thank you all - that's a shame :panic: