PDA

View Full Version : First mindee starts tue, what should I be doing?!

crazyhazy
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Have had a very stressful day, my younger brother took ill and was taken into hospital, thankfully although they're keeping him in he's much better now. But my head is all over the place and I can;t think. My first mindee is starting on tuesday morning and I'm trying to work out what I should do beforehand, have just realised I was stupid and forgot to get the parent to sign the forms when she came to sign the contract so will get them done asap but is there anything else?

Cazz
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
What forms did you forget?

As long as you've got a signed contract, permission forms and a child record form with medical details I don't think there's anything else you need to do at the moment. (I assume they have had a copy of all your policies - I get them to sign a sheet listing them to confirm they have received and read them).

I spend the first couple of weeks just going with the flow and following the lead of the child so that I can get to know their interests etc and we can get to know each other. After that I start planning based on their interests.

Don't forget to complete an attendance register and get it signed at the end of the week.

Good luck on Tuesday - let us know how you get on.

P.S. I'm glad your brother is going to be okay.

cas2805
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Have you got your diary ready, camera charged, post its to hand. Also worth checking all child locks are in place and a good range of age related toys to hand.

Good luck

TheBTeam
11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
The first thing to do is to relax, as others have said, spend the first few days/weeks getting to know the child, record his attendance and have medical/contracts/permissions signed, if you plan to go in the car check that you know his weight for the car seats, but most of all relax and have fun.

It really will be easier than you think.

Cazz
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Ignore this one - I seemed to have posted twice even though I added something to the one below!!

Cazz
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh and if you're going in the car have you changed your insurance so that you've got business use?

Most important of all - relax and have fun!

I've only been minding since November and I LOVE IT :clapping:

crazyhazy
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone, have sorted all the paperwork stuff now and feeling a bit more organised. Apart from the nerves am really looking forward to tmrw, will update how it goes!

jo f
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine! When I started up I tried to do too many planned activities, and also was sooo busy I hardly ate or drank anythin! Make sure you don't do that I still end up throwing most my brews- left to go cold!!!!
Like people say enjoy learning about each other, you will find a routine that suits enjoy xxxxx