PDA

View Full Version : outdoor play

terrydoo73
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Have spent this gorgeous afternoon sorting out all my outdoor play. Here is what I have:

1 sand table
1 water table
3 rockers
2 slides
2 trampolines (used of course with parents permission!)
3 small tables with about 4 chairs at each in all shapes and sizes!
large football net with balls galore!
2 tractors, 2 small ride ons, 3 trikes, 1 junior bike and 1 go kart
1 small wendy play house and 1 large wooden playhouse
Inside the wooden playhouse I have a dolls house with all the furniture and dolls
also have a wooden train track and trains and a tea set
have 2 little interest boxes one of shells the other pine cones
a chalkboard/drawing board
skittles, hopscotch mats, bean bags, hoops

Do you think I could have anything more? Just lifted my spirits to think I have such a good outdoor provision and am hoping that the weather is favourable in the coming days!!

sarah707
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Try and think about how you can resource the outdoors to match the indoors...

So your outdoor provision also includes books, jigsaws, cushions, blankets for making dens, dolls and buggies etc.

Also think about mark making outside - the sand tray is great for that if you provide sticks, damp sand, sand mousse (sand and bubble bath) etc.

How do children find out about numbers outside? What about shapes?

hth :D

terrydoo73
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry meant to say I had the large chalk pieces that they could write and draw on the ground with. I would bring books and jigsaws out with us in a basket too. We do have buggies and dolls which are taken out by the children automatically!

I am still unsure about cushions as would love to have large ones for the children to sit on but haven't sourced them as yet. There is a large pop up tunnel but on concrete it is hard to both keep it stable and for the children not to rip it to shreds!

lesley
13-04-2010, 09:59 AM
How about putting cheap camping roll mats under the tunnel.

Lesley

Polly2
13-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Your garden sounds amazing! This is one thing I need to do I have hardly and garden equipment for littlies.

angeldelight
14-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Sounds great

Hope the kids enjoy

Angel xx

sweets
14-04-2010, 06:51 AM
i keep my indoor toys for inside!! i'm sorry but i think they should be kept separate, am i the only one?

i wouldnt have books,jigsaws and bricks outside, they would just get wrecked. anything outside is a bit more robust. i also think that outdoor play is completly different than inside play and should be kept like that.

Dragonfly
14-04-2010, 07:13 AM
No you are not the only one Sweets, I also agree indoor toys inside.Sorry maybe old fashioned but books would get wrecked outside unless actually sitting with the child and I have more respect for them. Jigsaws no also.Children have enough to play with outside without these Sorry to upset anyone.

Chimps Childminding
14-04-2010, 09:04 AM
No Sweets and Dragonfly, I am the same, books stay in the house!! My lot would have them wrecked leaving them on the grass etc. June has outdoor cushions for her decked area, but I don't like soft things being left in the wendy house, as I am afraid they will go mouldy!!!

Jelly Baby
14-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree indoor toys indoors as if they want to read they can go inside with me..plus we spend too much time indoors imo! Last year the books, small toys like jigsaws all got either lost or ruined.

I am just getting bits biut dont have that much of the big toys like swings etc as we are 2 mins away from one.

mama2three
14-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I love taking indoor toys outside..it gives them a whole new 'aspect' - the train weaving behind the bushes , brick towers to measure the plants , reading under the lilac tree...i love summer!!
In winter i bring the small slide and rideons indoors too - i like the way environments can be whatever you want them to be!

angeldelight
14-04-2010, 10:04 AM
i keep my indoor toys for inside!! i'm sorry but i think they should be kept separate, am i the only one?

i wouldnt have books,jigsaws and bricks outside, they would just get wrecked. anything outside is a bit more robust. i also think that outdoor play is completly different than inside play and should be kept like that.

I agree with you sweets

I now buy a few cheap indoor toys for outside so it does not matter so much if they get a bit damaged. The kids do love playing outdoors with some of the indoor toys

Angel xx