PDA

View Full Version : Half Term activities for older children!

claire85
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone , Im in need of a bit of help with activities for 7- 11 year olds during the school holiday. Have gone on the net and got some but didnt know if anyone could throw in some more ideas. I dont drive so the activities would be done at home . Thanks x

sarah707
11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
My older ones love making dens.

Just provide big boxes, material, clothes horse, pegs for holding it all together and let them get to work :D

angiemog
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I've just seen on a blog some children making huge pyramids out of paper cups. You can get a pack of 100 from cheap shops.... just buy a few packs......

Or get them to design a game for heathly eating... shapes..... for the littlies. Give them lots of card.... and felt tips....

I have also seen on the dltk site little books to print out and colour, colour games, numbers, shapes....... you can either print them in colour or black and white. If you have mindees that like to colour get them to colour some new resources for you.

mushpea
14-04-2010, 06:11 AM
we go out to parks or woods etc most days for a few hours so they can let of steam, back here they play in the garden on the scooters, make dens, lego, cooking, and when i need a bit of peace the wii goes on!, we also have chalks in the garden which they use to invent various games, oh and we have sorted out bikes for everyone and we go out on the bikes, even if its only an hour just to break up the day a bit then they seem to come back refreshed with play ideas again.
and if i ever hear that word bored i say 'no your not bored you just need to find somthing to do' although i never hear that word anymore cause they know the answer to it!!

angeldelight
14-04-2010, 06:15 AM
We do all of the above

They love having a cinema afternoon too if the weather is not good

Close the curtains and make cinema tickets and have them sit and watch a film in the dark with a few snacks - they love this

Hope you find some good things to do with them

Angel xx

claire85
15-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all your help guys !!! Unfortunately didn't need any ideas in the end as the parents kindly let me down grrrr!! So i have had a few days to myself which has been quite nice i must admit lol. x