PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning

SparklingGems
11-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I would like to do a cleaning schedule as Im so new to minding that I would like to keep a log of what I have done. But Im not sure what to put on it.

Was thinking of-

Disinfecting toys- how often should I be doing this?

Cleaning fridge out?

Washing out microwave/oven

Cleaning floors

What over things should I add on?

snufflepuff
11-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a laminated checklist on my fridge which i always forget to tick off! It has things like dusting, hoover, mop kitchen, disinfect work surfaces, clean highchairs, clean bathrooms, clean out fridge etc. Some say how often it needs doing so work surfaces are done daily, fridge every other week and so on (was doing it weekly but it really didnt need it that often) I dont have toy cleaning on it but i tend to do that monthly.

(At the moment i dont cook for mindees so im ignoring the fact that my oven desparately needs cleaning, its one job i really, really hate!)

I dont worry too much about it, its not a requirement or anything, just a helpful reminder for me and i suppose it looks good that i have it. As long as everything is clean, you dont have to have it written down.

little chickee
11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I absolutley refuse to have a written cleaning schedule. I just do what needs done when it needs done and i don't think its really necessarry to log everytime i clean something.

SparklingGems
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I have a laminated checklist on my fridge which i always forget to tick off! It has things like dusting, hoover, mop kitchen, disinfect work surfaces, clean highchairs, clean bathrooms, clean out fridge etc. Some say how often it needs doing so work surfaces are done daily, fridge every other week and so on (was doing it weekly but it really didnt need it that often) I dont have toy cleaning on it but i tend to do that monthly.

(At the moment i dont cook for mindees so im ignoring the fact that my oven desparately needs cleaning, its one job i really, really hate!)

I dont worry too much about it, its not a requirement or anything, just a helpful reminder for me and i suppose it looks good that i have it. As long as everything is clean, you dont have to have it written down.

Thats a fab idea to have a laminated version to tick off. I wont be cooking for mindees either but my grill is linked to my oven and some parents may bring stuff for me to heat up.

I think monthly toy cleaning sounds about right thank you for your help

miffy
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I found this one on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILDMINDER-CHILDMINDING-CLEANING-SCHEDULE-POSTER-made-/220371364566

If you enlarge it you can read it easily.

Might give you some ideas.

Miffy xx

AliceK
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I absolutley refuse to have a written cleaning schedule. I just do what needs done when it needs done and i don't think its really necessarry to log everytime i clean something.

Same here :thumbsup: . If I had to log it everytime I did it I would be forever ticking a sheet. (I do a LOT of cleaning) I use my common sense and if I think the fridge is looking a bit grubby or the microwave etc is then I clean them. Same with the toys. I wipe them over with antibac or milton or wash them as and when they need it.

xxxxxx

cas2805
11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
That's a great ebay item, you can even copy & paste it!:)

Thanks

SparklingGems
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILDMINDER-CHILDMINDING-CLEANING-SCHEDULE-POSTER-made-/220371364566

Miffy xx

Thank you so much Miffy your a star thats fantastic just what I needed :D

theplayroom
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM

I so agree it is after all my house and i like it to be clean and tidy!:clapping:

watgem
12-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I had a laminated sheet and my eyso said that it wasn't good enough because I couldn't prove then from week to week that I cleaned! I explained I was trying to be eco friendly but she was adamant so now I have a little notebook in each room:(

miffy
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I had a laminated sheet and my eyso said that it wasn't good enough because I couldn't prove then from week to week that I cleaned! I explained I was trying to be eco friendly but she was adamant so now I have a little notebook in each room:(

Oh for goodness sake!

No offence, but you can write what you want in a book or on a chart - it doesn't mean you've actually done it! It's just paperwork for paperwork's sake.

Miffy xx

Daisy1956
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I use Sarah's e-book Daily Diary it has most things covered I just added to it for my own situation.

The Juggler
13-04-2010, 06:42 AM

you took the words out of my mouth, takes long enough to clean let alone worry about the list!

The Juggler
13-04-2010, 06:43 AM

your d.o. clearly doesn't think we have enough paperwork already!!!!!!!

christine e
13-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Miffy xx

Not going to have many sales now :laughing:

Cx

christine e
13-04-2010, 07:11 AM

Miffy xx

Think the dirty mare should have her discloth changed daily though not weekly!